Author Topic: Midnight music switch off  (Read 9511 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Midnight music switch off
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 18:47:43 PM »
Oh go on! You know you want to.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 18:58:10 PM »
Even though the residents don't like the loud music and late nights, the holiday makers love it and seem to go back to Hisaronu year after year.   My son and daughter in law both ended up in Hissy for stag and hen nights and did not get back until 6.00 and 6.30 respectively.  I suppose the people with businesses are giving the holiday maker what they want.
There is a thread just started on Trip Advisor by someone who adores the place..entitled...."In One Word"
which shows how the place is so loved.  This is the thread.  I wonder what word Sleuth might use?
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609055-i10906-k6609396-In_one_word-Hisaronu_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 19:09:45 PM »
In one word; PURGATORY, there ya go !! If only Turkish bar owners would realise that some customers like to be able to carry on a conversation with friends without shouting at the top of their voices. When the "music" ?? from surrounding establishments merge into an undecipherable bloody racket, it is time to close the entire resort down !! Just my rightful opinion, by the way.

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 19:29:38 PM »
Jacqui.. Your family probably went to `night clubs` here that are open until the wee small hours... fair enough ..but  the `night clubs` should be sound proofed and enclosed and causing no problems sound wise  to the immediate neighbourhood.
Hisaronu is not like that unfortunately. Its not just the people who live here nearby complaining.. its a big chunk of visitors also.
Believe me most of the bars and clubs and the bars that now have a `club` license and call themselves `night  clubs` ( Harmony, Bar rumba, Hustlers, Summer jam, Boat Bar , Paddys bar , Zombie Bar, Grand boozey... to name a few ALWAYS  have their doors wide open, especially now the weathers warmer... they close them if the gendarmerie are around... and open them again immediately they are gone..  I have nothing against sound proofed nightclubs :-)  But if the  open bars were compelled to turn the music off ( not just down ) at midnight like they do in Icemeler...why should we be forced to listen to the karaoke drunks and the inane boom boom music ??? believe me the law if enforced would be welcomed by hundreds of visitors here and not just me :-) 
One horrendous noise volume  example.... at least a couple of nights a week  the DJ  from the Zombie bar  opposite asda .. can be heard as far away as the Bayram Hotel on the edge of Hisaronu from 11pm til the wee small   hours and thats not including the rest of the `usual suspects` bars !!!    Sorry Jacqui... I  am not going to read the article you highlighted, and just because your son in law  enjoyed boogieing on in H until `stupid o`clock` welcoming the `boom boom ` music.. doesn`nt mean its ok and people shouldnt moan.... and be branded as boring old farts... it ain`t like that :-)   

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 19:30:14 PM »
well said Gordon !!! 

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 19:46:42 PM »
The law regarding the sale of alcohol will not affect existing shops who are already selling alcohol within the 100 meters of a Mosque.
People will always find a way round these things.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 20:50:26 PM »
I have to agree with Sleuth and Gordon.  We used to have a trip up to Hissy for an evening meal, but last year was the last time, far too noisy, we walked in the middle of the street to avoid the waiters trying to drag us into the bars.
However, I am always surprised to read the Forum on T.A. about Hisaronu, it always sounds so wonderful from the posters, it sometimes seems like a different place than the one I have visited
My point is...us boring old farts don't like it, but it seems we are out of step with the people who go there year after year.  So it's not going to change, if anything, it will get more noisy. :o >:(  ;)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 06:17:34 AM »
Not a `boring old fart`actually  Jacqui  ;D  no one loves music any more than I  do  ( all genres except rap and gangnam ( if I have spelt that right  : :)  )  my complaints are simply the `choice`of music and the `volume`
We need that `midnight switch off law` enforced around here... its bad enough from 9pm until midnight anyway  !!!  but at least a midnight switch off around here would be a start. Lets hope it materialises before its too late or Hisaronu will become Aya Napa or Maguluf   >:(  perish the thought.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:45 AM »
I cannot see it happening Sleuth, the whole point of Hisaronu now from the prospective of the younger people is, it's the party town of the area to go and have fun until late into the night. I remember my D.I.L. and her friends going up in a taxi at after midnight from Calis to "party".  Even the waiters in Calis where telling them that was the place to go.
I often see and hear Hisaronu being advertised as the place to go for lively night life.  I have friends who used to go to Hisaronu over 20 years ago, they told me the Farmers used to drive their sheep through the streets and it was just a sleepy little village. They went recently for the first time and where totally shocked and said they were lucky they had booked to stay in Calis Beach, they did not recognise Hisaronu any more.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 09:46:40 AM »
We have to remember that all age groups go on holiday.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf