Author Topic: Dalaman airport this Friday PM  (Read 1599 times)

Offline valerie churchill

Dalaman airport this Friday PM
« on: July 16, 2013, 17:28:02 PM »
We are going to Dalaman on Friday evening, anyone want a lift as we are leaving from Kaya Koy but can pick up on the way, please let me know Val

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Dalaman airport this Friday PM
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 21:53:54 PM »
Don't want a lift but what a really nice gesture, much appreciated.  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 21:56:33 PM »
Lovely post   :)

Offline honeycombe

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
Absolutely agree,  very thoughtful and a great idea.  Am sure anyone taking this offer up wold donate to the petrol as well,  win win situation all round.  How about a specific thread starting for this  :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33:45 AM »
doodlebug - there is one - the one valerie posted in ;D

Offline valerie churchill

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »
Yes I think it would be an excellent to have this topic as a separate section as so many people travel in twos to various locations en route from Dalaman airport, what with petrol prices at a premium, if couples double up using private hires and share the cost then everyone's a winner.
I do think CBF is excellent at spreading the word so hopefully in September when we return we can check on the site and double up on a transfer  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »
Yes I think it would be an excellent to have this topic as a separate section as so many people travel in twos to various locations en route from Dalaman airport

...until a taxi driver/transfer company find out, or someone "drops a dime".  Fast forward to a couple of Zabita trying to negotiate the Broxden Roundabout at rush hour en route to the CBF bunker.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 14:58:29 PM »
I agree with John on this. Yes it's a great gesture and on the odd occasion it will work out great for someone. The problems occur for the forum when Scunner tries to negotiate cheap transfers and we also have a dedicated section for marrying up people for free ones. It might have a long term negative effect on what we get offered.

The other thing is, as John rightly says, if money changes hands then it could become rather complicated.

I can't see any problems with the odd offer like this one - which is a lovely gesture - but setting up a dedicated section might prove counter-productive.

The last thing that worries me is what happens if there is an accident? Holiday insurance fiirms (in fact all insurance firms) are renowned for their small print and proving that you hadn't paid for the transfer might be very difficult and could give them a get out of jail card with regards to paying out.

God I sound negative today - sorry - I just tend to cover all bases when it comes to things like this as I've heard of so many people not getting paid out due to the small print in insurance policies.

Offline makemwonder

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 21:54:22 PM »
Yes I think it would be an excellent to have this topic as a separate section as so many people travel in twos to various locations en route from Dalaman airport, what with petrol prices at a premium, if couples double up using private hires and share the cost then everyone's a winner.
I do think CBF is excellent at spreading the word so hopefully in September when we return we can check on the site and double up on a transfer   ;)

Val what date are you going in September I am looking to share a transfer on the 12thSept as Im traveling alone to Calis beach but its a late flight arriving at 22-15pm from Newcastle and I would feel better traveling with others.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf