Author Topic: There Should Be More Hoteliers Like This  (Read 3418 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
There Should Be More Hoteliers Like This
« on: August 09, 2013, 22:20:31 PM »
I stumbled upon this on Tripadvisor, and couldn't help thinking well done to you Sir - this is how I would be if I ran a hotel

Review:

" my fily and i stayed at the guilderoy for 2 nights as we where renewing are wedding vows.I had booked the annaversary suite for my husband and i .The bed waas very uncomfortabe and the pillows where rock hard.I went for a bath and couldnt get out of it my husband had to come and help me out the bath had no handles for you to get out and as it was a round bath there was nothing to hold on to thank god my husband was there or id still be sat there now.It also advertises champagne and breakfast in bed we didint get it there was nothing romantic in this room what so ever, we was not conratulated by the guilderoy on are wedding vows even though they new that was what we where there for they never even offered us a glass of wine,just asking was it a nice day we had would of been some thing.Meal times where a problem as well all through are dinner we where being constantley asked if are meal was ok,right the way through every meal. We found the atmosphere none excistant and if you want a romantic weekend away then look eles where on the other hand if your looking for a uncomfortable bed with rocks for pillows this is the place for you a miserable hotel .We went to stay at inn on the prom in lytham for i night which was brilliant wish id of gone there to start of with, 4 star hotel and cheaper .
Room Tip: dont choose this hotel if you want a good nights sleep "

Owner's Reply:

"We are considering offering English language lessons as part of our packages now. There is still an outstanding bar bill, however, I'm sure as you were all busy arguing, it was easy to overlook. We do hope that you have resolved all your family issues now. Rhona and I are still so happy that we gave up one day of our annual holiday to check you in a day early, as I am sure are the readers of this spurious review"

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: There Should Be More Hoteliers Like This
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 22:25:47 PM »
Contrary to common belief, it was not Stephen Kaufer who founded Tripadvisor but actually a long lost relative of the Brothers Grimm - or at least that's how it appears so many times...

JF

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »
Ohhh! Wouldn't I just loved to be the hotelier that received that complaint! Well done that man. 8)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 14:17:56 PM »
I think the "review" was written by the self-same Nigerian "gentleman" who contacted me to invite me to give him my Bank details in order to enable him to redeem £23.5 million in oil revenue/shares. The very same excellent grasp of the English language!!   :o 8)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 18:04:32 PM »
Gordon, do you still have the details of the Nigerian gentleman, I had a similar offer but I have lost his contact details.  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 18:11:18 PM »
How many £23.5 millions has he got!

Offline Sokak91

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 20:09:56 PM »
I'm all for freedom of speech, but, really!

Some people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a computer keyboard.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 20:28:07 PM »
Unless of course you have a spell checker !!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 20:33:21 PM »
Don't you get an initial compassionate impression that - spelling and grammar aside - the hotel could have done a bit more to make their wedding weekend a bit more special, then upon reading the response, have an absolutely vivid picture of the type of guests involved :D

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 20:37:29 PM »
Absolutely, have image in mind of the couple involved and its not a pretty sight!!  Just a slight aside I am delighted to be promoted from Newbie. Sheila

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf