Author Topic: Does the Situation in Egypt Hinder or Help Turkey?  (Read 3314 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Does the Situation in Egypt Hinder or Help Turkey?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 02:55:06 AM »
IS the situation in Turkey precarious, or, has Erdogan Bey successfully used his intimidation & scare tactics to put the fear of Allah into the more secular members of the population? I appreciate that Egypt is on the other side of the Mediterranean from Turkey,but, religion, in this instance,the monotheistic & Abrahamic religion that is Islam,has no borders, either physical,or idealogical, but the sheer scale of the unrest manifesting itself in Egypt presently, in my humble opinion, COULD represent a significant problem for Turkey.

A fairly nonsense post, and not what I'd expect from you - unless of course you had been drinking.

can you use shorter words?

Can you use less commas.

Fair points Gordy - but I do wonder if it lets Erdy off the hook - for example, there has been outrage over the "trial" and conviction of Turkish army generals, now he can point at Egypt and say "look, now you understand what I protected you from".

Other than some elements of the domestic press, can you show me where any real outrage has taken place?

Indubitably.

Interestingly, the Google "related search" for this term includes both "discombobulated" and "John Mellencamp" thats a definite discuss!

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf