Author Topic: Credit Card Fraud - A2B Transfers and Resorthoppa  (Read 41419 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: Credit Card Fraud - A2B Transfers and Resorthoppa
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 06:27:23 AM »
it sounds like they have acquired the equipment or person involved for doing this fairly recently

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 06:42:06 AM »
It happened to me earlier this month, detected by early by my bank thankfully by detection of "irregular use", that also appeared to have happened at Sainsbury's at one of those petrol pumps you can pay by card at the pump.  :(

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
I booked with RH for Portugal on 16/08. Everything seems ok up to press. Just checked our account and no nasties. Maybe it's someone at the Turkish end? Has anyone booking in another country had problems?

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
Thank you for this information...CBF is fantastic for keeping us informed!
We are still in Turkey, but checked our bank account today.  We had booked with A2B X2 on both my husband's and my debit card.  A total of £150.00 had been taken out of our account at various points throughout this month.  This happened to us a few years ago and we thought it was when we used our cards at the airport, but at this time we had also paid online for a transfer company, which was A2B.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »
We had 4 withdrawals made on our account topping up mobile phones!!!!! I rarely use my card on line and the last time was when I booked A2B.  Fortunately Mrs B does Internet banking and reported it straight away.....money refunded and card destroyed.

8)

Offline hillside

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 10:44:18 AM »
THANK YOU so much for this information. As we use Resorthoppa (booked in June)  I checked my bank account and I've had 6 transactions through my account on 23 August all to mobile phone companies. The bank are refunding the money and the card is now cancelled but had I not been forwarned who knows how much could have been taken! Thanks again!!

Offline Mary Howarth

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 11:07:44 AM »
I have to say that this as happened to me this is the first time ever and I had 4 transaction of mobile phone top up for two different companies I have been into the bank as fortunately I am in the UK at the mo my card was cancelled and the bank have reimbursed me it as also been reported to the police and is being looked into now.

I will let you know if I have any further information.

I can't say at the moment in time if this is connected to A2B or Resorthoppa.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:21 AM »
Oh dear, we booked with Resorthoppa on the 7th August. Just checked my account and all is as it should be. It's to soon to say that someone won't compromise it, so I think I'll empty it to be on the safe side, as we will be in Turkey from Thursday. Thanks for the warnings everyone.

Offline tails77

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »
We booked one ticket in June and the other prior to departure in July, but the money was not taken out on my card until I started my holiday on the 1st August.  Having internet access has been very useful.

Offline wolvesfan

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 14:50:56 PM »
A similar thing happened to me a couple of days ago. Fortunately the bank was quick to notice that a purchase had been declined and contacted me straight away. I too booked a transfer with A2B a month ago.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf