Author Topic: Tips for cruises  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Tips for cruises
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »
I find it all too confusing too (cruises) and that's maybe why I have avoided them. The tips (as in gratuities, not advice) situations baffle me, and the very fact that you have to pay them one way or another - why? I pay for the cruise and if the service is good I would like to leave a tip. Otherwise it's a charge, not a tip?

Offline tel

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2013, 16:37:26 PM »
Well said Keith but I think maybe its taken into consideration so they pay a lower wage. Our last two cruises were both for 21 nights and you would be surprised at the add on. I guess Nichola is I think only doing seven nights so it will not be a concern huh.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2013, 21:16:28 PM »
We have to pay €7 each per day in tips! And I have learned that if we want decent service at the bar it's advisable to tip the staff there too!

Having finally found the reviews on cruise critic (sleepless nights followed) for the actual boat we will be sailing on I almost wish I hadn't!!!!

The almost overwhelming consensus of pretty much every reviewer is that the food is complete s h i t e   :-\

We will definitely be buying into the drinks package and I will abandon my 'I rarely drink' lifestyle to join Dogan and be making up for the lack of food sustenance with copious amounts of liqueur so every cloud has a silver lining after all    ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 22:29:37 PM by nichola »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2013, 21:45:06 PM »
Love it Nichola! Way to go girl!!!

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2013, 23:44:31 PM »
I've been looking at a 'Cruise' for a holiday with a friend, thanks to all for all the very useful info, really helpful  :)

Nichola & Dogan, wishing you both a fab hol, & thanks for starting this thread  :)

PS: Venice - is charismatic, hypnotic & beautiful , enjoy  :)

Offline tonysue

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »
I have been reading with interest as its on my bucket list and I really enjoyed the cruise round the Bahama's i went on many years ago. So much so I have booked a weeks cruise leaving monday from Marmaris eekk!!! so excited, will have to miss the captains dinner though cos O H  hasnt got a dinner jacket. Boo :o

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »
It's possible to hire a D.J. from your nearest hire shop.  They will hire out for a week.  Or look at My Tuxedo
http://www.mytuxedo.co.uk   They have some great bargain D.J's and if you a like the cruise you may want to have another one.   
Also, check out your local Charity Shops.  I help out the local Cancer Research Shop  and I know up in the store  they often have D.J's and Evening Dresses but don't put them down in the shop, they wait until they are asked, or until they have a special time i.e. Christmas, to put some thngs out.  I am often amazed when I go upstairs and look through the lovely evening wear and even Wedding dresses. ;D   ;)
Enjoy your cruise. 8)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
I have been reading with interest as its on my bucket list and I really enjoyed the cruise round the Bahama's i went on many years ago. So much so I have booked a weeks cruise leaving monday from Marmaris eekk!!! so excited, will have to miss the captains dinner though cos O H  hasnt got a dinner jacket. Boo :o
Sue depending on his size I have a Tux in calis you are welcome to borrow, I assume you are going on the celebration, most wear just a suit or shirt and tie and jacket. it is a really nice cruise and great value, when we went to Kusadasi for Ephesus we booked a private taxi from the ship in advance with our own tour guide 8 of us cost £22 each instead of £60 off the ship.
Mark

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2013, 11:49:32 AM »
Sue depending on his size I have a Tux in calis you are welcome to borrow, I assume you are going on the celebration, most wear just a suit or shirt and tie and jacket. it is a really nice cruise and great value, when we went to Kusadasi for Ephesus we booked a private taxi from the ship in advance with our own tour guide 8 of us cost £22 each instead of £60 off the ship.
Mark

Then thought what the heck £229 each we booked on it as well I have sent you a pm.
Mark

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2013, 19:48:01 PM »
Most ships, well the line we were on hire them out you can book in advance and collect it on board if you want to join in with that of course.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf