Author Topic: Council Tax  (Read 11372 times)

Offline marka

• Newly Registered
Council Tax
« on: October 11, 2013, 16:48:57 PM »
Hi All

I am an owner of 2 bedroom apartment in Calis Beach. I have now managed after 2 years to set up direct debits via my bank in Fethiye to pay electric and water bills. This now leads me onto the May council tax bill does anyone know if this can also be set up and paid via your bank or do you need to go and pay in person. If the latter where do you pay this bill is it the same place where you used to pay for your water in Fethiye?? Sorry another owner on the complex paid it for me and I reimbursed them.
Thank you

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Re: Council Tax
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 17:13:54 PM »
You can pay online with a card.
I keep trying and it doesn't work.
They will have to wait till next year now.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 17:29:37 PM »
I didn't know you could pay your water bill by direct debit!  We're with HSBC - can we pay through them?  Would make life a bit easier!   :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 17:31:29 PM »

So, you CAN pay online or you CAN'T ?

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 17:51:40 PM »

So, you CAN pay online or you CAN'T ?

I contacted the council for a card in June after reading of similar online options in Bodrum and Didim.  They asked me "why I wanted a card" - when I said to pay council tax - the person replied - "that system is not yet working".

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 18:47:18 PM »
I didn't know you could pay your water bill by direct debit!  We're with HSBC - can we pay through them?  Would make life a bit easier!     :)

It's still only some of the banks that have this facility & am pretty sure that HSBC isn't one of them. Garanti certainly is. There did used to be a list of banks that had the facility on the wall behind the chaps that take the water payments in the Belediye offices above Migros

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 23:59:09 PM »
Has anyone got any further with this?
I still can't pay online. I enter my Sicil no from previous receipt and nothing.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
I didn't know you could pay your water bill by direct debit!  We're with HSBC - can we pay through them?  Would make life a bit easier!    :)
Yes you can pay your water bill in Fethiye by DD from your bank, even the HSBC.  When you get a bill set up the DD by using your internet banking or go into HSBC with the bill and let them set it up for you.

Offline paz

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 23:11:17 PM »
I have only just seen this post.  We found out that we could pay our water by direct debit through Garanti Bank. We originally only had electric DD, but they said if we had 2 DD's set up we wouldn't incur bank charges. As our bank charges were more than our water bill (as we're only there a few weeks a year) we thought this was a win win situation.  Next time we get the book updated we find both DD's come out fine but we still had bank charges. When we queried this, it turns out that charges are only waived if the DD is coming out every month.  This info may be of use  to someone.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
I wouldn't worry about not paying your council tax on time.. You may get fined a lira but never heard of anyone being able to pay on line.. Council tax isn't exactly a fortune over there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf