Author Topic: Young who have no idea where their local bank is  (Read 2737 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Young who have no idea where their local bank is
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:33:09 AM »
It's not just the young though. Why would ANYONE want to visit a bank these days? If I wanted to be ignored, or spoken to like a 4 year old I'd stay at home.  ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2506926/Young-bank-branch-One-18-30-year-olds-admit-visited-local-bank.html

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Young who have no idea where their local bank is
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »
I have an account with Norwich & Peterborough - purely for holiday spending purposes - and my local branch is in Cambridge, a mere 125 miles away.

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 16:56:51 PM »
Well my local branch of Nationwide is in Congleton, Cheshire, well it was when I left the UK 6 years ago - don't think I'll be popping in any time soon.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
I visit my local Barclays (Hull branch) when I'm in the UK. I use the personal banker service for matters that I can't manage on line, I have always found them very helpful. I've never been ignored or spoken to like a 4 year old.  :)

DonM

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 14:13:56 PM »
Never. ever, had any trouble with our local Halifax Branch, extremely courteous, helpful staff, always with genuine smiles. 2 ATM machines outside, 2 inside, 1 of those with cheque/cash paying in facility, well done to them .
By the way, we are all aware that most youngsters nowadays , depend upon the much vaunted "Bank of Mum/Dad, so do not need to know where a "proper" bank is !!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 14:54:48 PM »
Starting to look like KKOB has a particular problem with be ignored or treated like 4 year old. He might complain about this remark - but nobody will take any notice, even he has a tantrum.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 15:12:02 PM »
I don't do tantrums. I leave that to Sting and Trudi.   :angel:

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Young who have no idea where their local bank is
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 18:10:14 PM »
Slightly off topic but I wonder if the 'youth of today' have any idea of the terror that having an appointment with the Bank Manager caused. It used to scare me to death. Now they are all 18 years old.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 18:38:01 PM »
My son-in-law is a "Bank Manager". He works long hours and is paid less than the UK average wage. When his bank announced they were cutting bonuses they didn't announce that the ones they were cutting were not the millions to senior executives but the ones junior staff got - they stopped paying his £200 Christmas bonus which had been quite important to him. Captain Mainwaring middle class types they ain't these days.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf