Author Topic: Family Residence  (Read 2510 times)

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
Family Residence
« on: November 15, 2013, 13:45:28 PM »
Can anyone explain - clearly and in words of one syllable  ;D - what the process is when seeking residency with a dependant child?

I've done some searching online but I'm not completely clear (and may have been looking in the wrong place).

I read something earlier that seemed to indicate one parent should get residence and then their spouse/child could sort of be added later.

Then I read something else that sounded as though we'd need to go en masse (family day out, anyone?) and do all of us in one go.

I'm not sure if this information was directed at families where one of the couple is a Turkish national or not.

To be clear - this is for myself and my husband, first and only spouses for each other, and our daughter. She is his and we all have the same surname.

Also, does anyone know if our daughter would have to have a bank account and would we need to prove we had additional funds to support her?

I know obviously that the laws are set to change next April - we're just looking at whether we can bring our plans forward a bit to apply before then, even if it means spending some time in the UK to tie up loose ends before the final move.

Any hints, advice, pointers-in-the-right-direction welcome as ever......

Offline mac2010

Re: Family Residence
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:32:54 AM »
my advise would be to contact a professional consultant who can tell you exactly what can be done and do it before everything changes. Also remember the amount of years for residency depends on your passports expiry date. So if you want the max 5 years you must have at least 5 years left on the passport. Try Asli Uygun 00902526141093- 00905394479917. Email.taskforceturk@gmail.com.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:37:56 AM »
Might be worth renewing passports if you have less than 5 years before they expire, then you can get the max 5 year residency

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »
It may be worth bearing in mind that five year residency is only available to owners.  It is three years for renters.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
Something else then, passport renewal it is.  This is another expense we could do without..hearing scunners advice going through my head on costs.. :-\

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »
I thought you could only renew your passport 9 months before the expiry date!

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »
Thinks it will have to be a washing machine job nichola!!

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »
Thanks guys.  :)

Our passports don't expire until May 2017 - you can renew any time but they will only add on a maximum of 9 months so we'd be losing a lot.

Daughter's passport expires May 2015 - but because she's a child you can't renew until there's less than 9 months left - so I can't do hers until next September, which is after we'll have moved and got residency.  >:(

Unless anyone knows whether they will extend a 'damaged' or 'lost' passport when you re-apply....   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf