Author Topic: Great Offer £40 Voucher off £69.00 case of six bottles of wine  (Read 8305 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Great Offer £40 Voucher off £69.00 case of six bottles of wine
« on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
Martin Lewis has an offer.  Order wine through his link on Naked Wines and get £40.00 of a case.  I ordered a case of six mixed wines for £69.00 and got it for £29.00  plus when you join you get a voucher for £40 off your next order.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-wine-deals/#naked60

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Great Offer £40 Voucher off £69.00 case of six bottles of wine
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:59 AM »
Thanks for the tip Jacqui  have just enjoyed a perusal through the wine lists on th e site, and discovered some other useful tips too.  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
Nae Buckie o' Lanliq then ?

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 21:03:09 PM »
These deals are not all they seem unfortunately, vastly inflated prices, and then given a voucher to bring them down to what they are really worth. You are then hooked and have to go to the trouble of cancelling the next batch which will arrive on your doorstep several weeks later if you don't.
The best deal is to go to your local Aldi and get excellent wines at a very reasonable price.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 21:09:34 PM »
You are then hooked and have to go to the trouble of cancelling the next batch which will arrive on your doorstep several weeks later if you don't.

Not true.

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 21:14:45 PM »
It is only true if you do not read the small print, as Jacqui pointed out you had the option to go with the deal that tied you in to further offers, or the chance to have a one-off good deal.  Just be careful what you sign up for.  This offer seems fool-proof if you use common sense.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 23:14:54 PM »
I don't think Martin Lewis would recommend it, if it was not a good offer.  He also recommended the wine.  So, I have ordered 6 bottles delivered free for under £30.00. with no ties.  I have not signed up for anything.
However, no one is twisting anyone's arm, if they don't want the offer that is fine.  I am just letting people know, so they can read the offer and have the option to take it if they wish.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 09:04:09 AM »
Well Jaqui, I sincerely hope you enjoy your wine. Please let us know what they were like when you have consumed them. I for one will stick to buying my wine from Aldi. This has given me an idea though for a new topic, hmmmmm.
Byetheway, since when has Martin Lewis been an expert on wine me thinks !!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 14:31:52 PM by chris35 »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 20:23:45 PM »
Chris, first bottle of Australia Shiraz consumed this evening.  Absolutely, lovely, surprisingly good, very smooth.We are pleased so far and have not signed up for anymore wines, it was a one off, however, if the next few bottles are as good as this one, will be back for more. at these prices, what is not to like?
Incidentally, as Martin Lewis is a multi-millionaire with a vast team working for him, I am sure he has a wine taster   ;D   ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 21:13:54 PM »
Well Jaqui, I sincerely hope you enjoy your wine. Please let us know what they were like when you have consumed them. I for one will stick to buying my wine from Aldi. This has given me an idea though for a new topic, hmmmmm.
Byetheway, since when has Martin Lewis been an expert on wine me thinks !!

Are you as blinkered to life in general as you are to your wine purchasing?  No matter what anyone says, Aldi (and Lidl's) wines are price driven with the resultant consequences of such a policy.  Some good wines, some decent wines and a fair proportion of distinctly mediocre wines - I know, I've tried a good number of them!

When they come into their own is when they have a limited stock promotion - Lidl recently had a five year old Madeira for a tenner, lovely stuff and a couple of cases bought.  Some of the burgundies and Rhone reds on offer recently are good value, the CDP at Aldi for a tenner is nice enough - probably worth the money if you like CDP but only available at Xmas. 

As you obviously like a bargain, the Toro loco tempranilla that Aldi want £3.69 for is one of the three for a tenners at Asda (or £3.33 pb if you live in chilly jockoland).  Maybe this time next year you'll be telling how good Asda is...

How do you know Martin Lewis isn't a wine expert?  Last time me and Keith split a bottle (a very nice Navarra Rosada) with him he seemed to know which end to drink out of!

JF
(currently drinking a £4.99 Rioja from Sainsbo's    :) )

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf