Author Topic: Child Care on benefits!!  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Re: Child Care on benefits!!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 17:30:32 PM »
Can't disagree with that at all.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 17:30:52 PM »
Because the key criteria for most of the support schemes is "are you on any type of benefits" and if you are - the doors open for you!

I agree with that statement. I have no problem with any benefits for genuine cases, but when you hear of what some families get in benefits and neither work and compare that to working families there is often an imbalance. Some families work and struggle and don't have luxuries because of low incomes. Some have no job, massive tellys, smoke, in the pub all the time etc. It can't be right however you look at it.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 18:13:35 PM »
Only in the U.K.  I know of a girl who got pregnant when she was 16 years old.  The council gave her and her 19 year old boy friend a council house.  She complained the windows where letting in a draft, she got the whole house double glazed.  Her boyfriend did not have a regular job, so they where on benefits.  She had a new central heating system put into the house.  Then got pregnant again, so two kids at 19 years old.  However, as the council was paying for everything, no problem... Good news is the boyfriend now has a job in a local shop.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 18:20:55 PM »
Jacqui, please make my life easier please do not use where when you mean were, gets Gordon jumping up and down, then again he needs the exercise  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 18:25:45 PM »
Were did she do that

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 20:58:20 PM »
Loz, I don't do it to annoy Gordon, but someone else who never stopped mentioning it.  Sorry, but I have now got into the habit of my "where"  "mistakes"  It's fun and I am now gathering a fan club. 

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 21:05:35 PM »
You think ????

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 13:23:14 PM »
One upset niece, I only asked if it was fair to carry on getting £110 when a child gets to 13, have any of you tried putting a 13 year old in nursery?   ;)   not only that this benefit continues until 18, surely that is a mistake?

Offline scorcher

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 15:36:19 PM »
Loz, I don't do it to annoy Gordon, but someone else who never stopped mentioning it.  Sorry, but I have now got into the habit of my "where"  "mistakes"  It's fun and I am now gathering a fan club. 

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »
As far as I am aware, job seekers get the child care benefit to allow them to go out seeking work and/or to attend retraining courses. I'm not saying that I agree totally with this but I know that it does work in some instances. It seems to help people (usually women, in my experience) who are in 'single mother' situation due more to a change of circumstances, eg divorce/separation than out of choice and who want to return to the job market. I thought that there was, or at least there used to be, a cap on the period of time that this benefit was payable and subject to periodic reviews of the claimant's job seeking efforts.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:29:30 AM by Hamlet »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf