Author Topic: Thomas Cook Cancelled Flight - MCR-DLM Nov  (Read 2202 times)

Offline CharlotteC

Thomas Cook Cancelled Flight - MCR-DLM Nov
« on: February 07, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Received an email last night informing me the Manchester to Dalaman flight on 3rd November had been cancelled and I'd receive a refund.
I now have all my fingers and toes crossed that the Gatwick flight will still go ahead - I'd rather pay £41.00 TC prices than £164 Turkish Airline prices!

Offline Lorraine

Re: Thomas Cook Cancelled Flight - MCR-DLM Nov
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
I think I'd rather pay and get there!!!! Also there is the additional cost to consider if you have to travel to Gatwick and not Manchester?

Offline tuzlachap

• AWAY TOO MUCH!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 14:19:50 PM »
We had our DLM - LGW flight time changed by them at about the same time yours was cancelled. Looks like some of rescheduling going on methinks, wonder why??

TC  ??? ???

Offline CharlotteC

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 17:31:49 PM »
It's a puzzler tuzlachap, the reason on the email I received was "commercial reasons" so I didn't know whether there just wasn't enough demand for a flight just after school half term? I might have been the only person booked on it!
It's a little bit of a pain more than anything yes Lorraine, I'd have to travel down from Bradford but it's still my cheapest option! I'm all about saving pennies haha!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 17:48:41 PM »
I used to use a coverall excuse when cancelling trucks or deliveries, 'Operational Necessity'.

Offline Molly

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:44 PM »
We are booked on the return flight from Dalaman to Manchester on 3rd November. We received an email yesterday from TC informing us that the flight time had been changed from 16:25 to 10:30. We only booked that flight as it was a convenient time for us. We were worried about booking with TC in the first place as we know what they are like for changing and cancelling flights, so we thought we would cancel as we don't want to take the chance of more surprises! When I rang up they said I couldn't cancel as the change was less than 12 hours, but could pay the difference and amendment fees if we wanted to change to another flight! He then asked me did I know that the flight time had changed again and was now leaving at 15:20! Watch this space!!

Offline CharlotteC

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 18:50:27 PM »
Oh Molly you're totally being played about then! I phoned customer services up and they refunded my payment over the phone so at least I know there's no danger of a time change! Hope you get sorted soon!

Offline lissa

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
As this flight is at the end of the season, it could be that he flight is not coming in from Manchester on that day but from elsewhere just to pick up from Dalaman. No excuse for TC not to give correct time,ridiculous that customer service have given a different time than on the email unless another email on its way? Could change again though before that date....................

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf