Author Topic: Money exchange  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Piscoe

Money exchange
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:56:45 AM »
For all those who have been golfing in Belek. Does the same logic apply to bringing sterling and changing it to Lira on site? We are going week on Thursday staying at the Cornelius Resort and not sure the same sort of deal can be had easily.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Money exchange
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »
The AI resorts will change money but like Hotels, they will not give the best rate. Check online before you leave just what the rate is and perhaps get out of the resort to change your money or use a company like Travelfx in the U.K. before you go, they are giving 3.57 at the moment.
http://www.compareholidaymoney.com/?amount=500&currency=try&include_delivery=yes

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »
Getting 3.65TL to £ for cash transactions from TEB branch today.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 15:48:51 PM »
If you are going there to play golf and have not paid your green fees then you need €uros! all of the courses require payment in €uros and will not accept Lira.  :-\

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 16:35:38 PM »
If you are going there to play golf and have not paid your green fees then you need €uros! all of the courses require payment in €uros and will not accept Lira.  :-\

I wonder if it's been pointed-out to them that insisting on payment in any currency other than TL is illegal ?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 18:42:04 PM »
I wonder if Dalaman Airport Know that. !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 19:32:09 PM »
Dalaman price in Euros, but don't insist on customers paying in Euros, you can pay in any currency.  However, with prices there, they accept blood too...

Offline Menthol

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 19:57:29 PM »
Antalya airport's cold drinks vending machines only accept pound coins and Euros. The notice says, TRY will not be accepted.

Ridiculous that you cannot pay for services or products with the local currency.

Offline Piscoe

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »
Everything is paid for except buggies at the golf course. Do I need euros for that? I suppose the lira will be for anything outside of the AI system. Those that have been there, how did you exchange money (if at all). Thanks for the replies so far by the way.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 09:46:23 AM »
Dalaman price in Euros, but don't insist on customers paying in Euros, you can pay in any currency.  However, with prices there, they accept blood too...

As do Antalya.  When we passed through there at the end of January, the exchange rate was 3.23 lira to the euro inflating prices even more.  We no longer buy anything in the Duty Free - many years ago the Turkish Duty Free shops were reasonable but not any longer.  Why are goods not priced in Lira?  Cynic that I am, another way of fleecing us?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf