Author Topic: I am bloody freezing..  (Read 16140 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: I am bloody freezing..
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 22:00:13 PM »
Thankyou thankyou echostar

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 22:12:51 PM »
 We  heard about a Toshiba  electric  central heating system which seems to be gaining popularity.  Although it's expensive to install,  the running costs are cheap,  apparently.  Might be worth looking into.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 22:16:18 PM »
I am just curious - we have hardly had a winter at all here this year. Has it been a particularly cold winter in Ovacik this year.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 22:18:38 PM »
Mildest winter people can remember here but didnt want to say that...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 22:19:01 PM »
No John... I just think she wasnt expecting it being cold at night. No one does when they first live there.. Turkish people generally just keep one room warm...

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 22:26:27 PM »

SAAVVOOYYBBOOY..speak up dear..tell me about this electric central heating system you had fitted, the cost n running costs please, and the pro,s n cons..pretty please.

I maybe wrong but you cannot retro fit underfloor heating. Here in the UK the heating pipes are cast in the floor.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 22:28:07 PM »
Winters are cold there - colder than many might imagine. Sadly it's more than that - properties are built with summer in mind, and with fuel relatively expensive it takes a lot to take the chill out of those ceramic and marble floors. Plus wall construction doesn't often include any thought for heat insulation.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 22:41:55 PM »
I think this is a good lesson for us all. We all look at property and buy in the Summer and thinking about the houses for sale, they are houses for the Summer. I remember looking at images of a lovely house in Calis that said all year around living.  I now understand what they meant.  We are not planning to live in our place full time, but we were thinking of spending more time there in the future.  So will probably not be spending any Winter months. 
I was told by a residence that it was colder in Ovacik as it's in the mountains, but I would think it could also be nippy in Calis too

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 22:44:58 PM »
Have to agree with Keith, the vast majority of houses out there are of single wall construction, ( unless a cavity wall is stipulated when building), the double glazing is worse than useless, i.e. the space between the 2 panes of glass is not a vacuum, therefore any warmth generated passes straight through to the outside, and bloody dogs barking passes through to the inside  >:( >:(.
Our home over there was built with oil fired central heating, 7 double rads throughout, which was absolutely fantastic, we house sat for friends once during winter, and used a UFO heater, very good at heating up the room we were in.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 23:02:11 PM »
Yes, apparently it is the mildest they have had in years here. But nothing prepares you for the chill factor the very second the sun goes down. It's like when you pull a plug on a fire in an ice cold room. Up here top of football stadium it's colder from the mountains. Yes people come here in the summer months and appreciate the colder air in comparison to calis n fethiye. With this being empty so long,lack of furniture and a good old airing out I don't think it's done us any favours. I suppose as well I have become a bit of a wimp over the years. My days of roughing it ended long ago,n was fortunate to be able to flick on the central heating at will,knowing I had a husband who worked hard to provide for us.  I had adequate furniture n curtains and a home that was insulated. Despite being told this is for year round living,I doubt anywhere that's has marble floors,n no heating system can really be so. So as with all new ventures,We have to find a way to make this work,and get this place adequately heated if not for this year,then definitely need to be prepared for next year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf