Author Topic: visa stamp on entry  (Read 2075 times)

Offline charlste

visa stamp on entry
« on: April 14, 2014, 19:34:06 PM »
I am using my full 90days this year and just wondered if when i arrive at dalaman at 12.10am they will have remembered to have changed their date stamp.
Does the little machine they put your passport under register the day and time of arrival.
If say they forget i will finish up staying 91 days.
you never know with the turks. :D

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: visa stamp on entry
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 19:39:20 PM »
If you're planning to be that tight with the 90days then a Residency Permit may be a better option - assuming they're still dishing them out locally.

It is always a bad idea leaving a country on the last day of a visas validity - weather, strikes or just a very late inbound aircraft can leave you paying a fine, and having all the associated sh1t that goes with that.

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: visa stamp on entry
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 20:14:46 PM »
The "little machine" doesn't count the days. It scans details of your passport into the national computer. The calculation of the number of days used / remaining is made by the Pasaport Polis officer at the desk. If he has any doubts about his mental arithmetic, he uses a similar website to that which is recommended on here.

As far as remembering to change the date stamp.................Do ya feel lucky ? Well, do ya punk?  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf