Author Topic: Uzumlu restaurant  (Read 12113 times)

Offline kyfno

• Newly Registered
Re: Uzumlu restaurant
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 05:38:11 AM »
Last night a party of 11 of us went to the Winehouse to celebrate a birthday.  I have to say that 9 out of the 11 meals were totally inedible.  The mezes were disgusting.   3 of us had the Chicken au gratin which turned out to be pieces of chicken sitting on a claggy, thick "bechemal sauce" with not a trace of cheese in sight.  The steak dishes which others had came without vegetables and decorated with HP sauce!  The steaks were not cooked as ordered.  We have lived in Turkey for 7 years and have never had a meal as bad as this here.   

Offline Marie381

• Newly Registered
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 18:41:43 PM »
I am surprised to read the comments from kyfno since my family and I have eaten at the winehouse regularly since it's been under the new management - the food, the atmosphere and service has been impeccable and can not be faulted not to mention the staff are amazing with kids! On this particular night I was sat at one of the other tables and from what I could see everyone seemed to enjoy their food - surely when all the food has been eaten and not returned, this is sign that the food is good! It is more disappointing to learn that despite the fact that the owner didn't make them pay (although the meals were eaten) that this forum is still used to bad mouth the bar, who has done nothing but try to please the customers - but then again you can't please everyone and some people will do anything for a freebie!!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 19:08:21 PM »

On this particular night I was sat at one of the other tables and from what I could see everyone seemed to enjoy their food - surely when all the food has been eaten and not returned, this is sign that the food is good! It is more disappointing to learn that despite the fact that the owner didn't make them pay (although the meals were eaten) that this forum is still used to bad mouth the bar, who has done nothing but try to please the customers - but then again you can't please everyone and some people will do anything for a freebie!!!!

As you were there as a casual diner, and in your opinion everyone seemed to have a good meal, how do you know they didn't have to pay? If you know they didn't have to pay then you also know not everyone seemed to have a good meal!

Nice first post by the way.

Offline Evie

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 19:54:58 PM »
Happy to say we went to Grape Garden last Saturday . Meal wax good , reasonably priced and nice atmosphere. Only complaint was soft drinks were served in a small glass instead of providing a can thereby resulting in getting about half the amount. Switched to bottled water.

Offline Evie

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 19:55:43 PM »
Sorry  was not wax

Offline beila

• Newly Registered
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »
Thank you Scunner for your remarks, we booked the winehouse  several days before the birthday party, we took a cake for the birthday girl, we waited a long time for the food to be served when it arrived, a pregnant lady who was with us ordered a steak well done, it arrived BLUE,she left straight away after being sick, 2 meals were eaten, a liver dish and a crispy chicken dish, the rest were inedible, the owner was called, when he came we showed him the food, his explanation to us was the chef was in hospital,ie either he had cut his arm of or he was badly burned,we said we would pay for the 2 meals that were eaten and the drinks.
Then yesterday evening 1 of our party was approached by the owner to be informed that he has cctv coverage of our evening and that we had eaten all the food ,we didnt.He said he would put it on your forum to show everyone we were lying.
8 of us are residents of ÜZÜMLÜ, and this the first time any of us have complained about any of the restaurants in the village.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
Looks like he is doing all the right things to drum up trade for all his Uzumlu competitors ... what a plum.

Offline Evie

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 08:45:57 AM »

Four of us went to Eddies bar last night in Uzumlu. Four different main meals all very tasty and fresh. Deserts reasonably priced with good selection ie apple crumble with cream or ice cream, knickerbocker glory and banana split to name a few. Best meal we've had in Uzumlu. Open all year.

Offline Honey Bee

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 22:28:31 PM »

Offline AandP

• Uzumlu
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 07:47:05 AM »
 Four of us dined at The  Winehouse last night,  and were very impressed.  The quality and presentation of the food got full marks  from us,  as did the excellent service.  Background   music also was good, although we left before the Michael  Jackson show...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:10:02 AM by AandP »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf