Author Topic: Internet via a dish and aerial ?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Susiepink

Internet via a dish and aerial ?
« on: November 29, 2014, 06:40:09 AM »
Is anyone here getting their internet via a dish and an aerial? After several fruitless trips to TTNET it would appear I am going to be several months without internet as I have to wait for cable to be laid. This is regardless of the fact that my neighbours have internet. I have read about a different system altogether that doesn't require the cabling and I have also been told there are about 200 expats in Calis already using this system. I would like to know how reliable it is, and if its any good for watching UK television.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Internet via a dish and aerial ?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 19:53:53 PM »
After several fruitless trips to TTNET it would appear I am going to be several months without internet as I have to wait for cable to be laid. This is regardless of the fact that my neighbours have internet.

To quote Jim Reeves, Welcome to my world.  >:( 5 months so far, I'm being told that it is the cable into the sitesi box here & that needs written permission from TT hrad office before it can be replaced. How the blue blazes are my next door neighbours on line & at least 3 others on site that I'm aware of?

& the best part is that, since it's a "cable problem" an individual line cannot be registered on the TT system as being at fault. The guy in the technical dept in the Fethiye office now swears blind that I haven't registered my fault despite him having translated at least 10 conversations for his colleagues  : :)

Offline Susiepink

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 06:08:42 AM »
I am also being told that I must pay for the last 2 months that I have been without internet !!!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 07:33:27 AM »
That too

Offline busybee

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 08:05:47 AM »
Shocking state of affairs and to be still charging you for a service you havent got, is beyond words

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 18:11:59 PM »
I'm intrigued to find out waht this dish aerial thing is as well.
We are with TTnet for phone  and internet and our contract runs out first week in December and would dearly love to kick it into touch if i could.
The service most of the time is fine but when there is a problem it takes forever to sort stuff out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf