Author Topic: Esnaf Hospital  (Read 7249 times)

Offline sadler

Re: Esnaf Hospital
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 10:07:47 AM »
Karenina, thank you for being so frank and open, and Don, I am very pleased your wife is ok.  Do not be worried about  having a colonoscopy, Karen, I have had numerous. They don't hurt and when I advised the surgeon to bottle the anaesthetic and sell it as he could make a fortune, he did reply that he worried about me! I went through all the tests many years ago and a tumor  was removed, but fortunately, I needed no further treatment for that particular problem, apart from regular colonoscopies as I was considered "young" at that time to have that condition (I was then under age 50). The worst part of the treatment for me was the stuff you have to take to make you purge, so make sure you are very very close to a reliable toilet!

8 years ago, I did have a battle with breast cancer, totally unconnected to previous problem. I, thankfully came through all that was thrown at me and consider myself a much stronger person because of it. I no longer worry unnecessarily, do speak my mind when I need to and will not suffer fools gladly - a total transformation from the previous person I was.

You are very very brave to open up on a forum such as this, it can only help those who are worried themselves. Do not be afraid of being emotional, I and many others I got to know cried buckets and more importantly laughed hysterically through our treatments.

If you ever feel that you would like a chat privately, please do pm me.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 12:52:59 PM »
Thank you very much Sadler do you know I'm already feeling bit better about it all just by talking about it has already helped...I think us Brits are like Menthol said we find some subjects to be taboo...
You have been very brave Sadler what you have been through, I just want to get mine done now...
I probably will pm you, thank you  ;)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »
A quick update for everyone who wished me well and took the time to reassure me and anyone else who wants to read it! I had my procedure Wednesday and woopity woop woop nothing nasty was found I truly am sooo happy and relieved although very cross with myself that I have wasted three months getting myself in such a state over it all! Sadler I get what you mean re the sedation, I had such a lovely doctor and she said to me we will get you sedated ASAP as I was in such a state (I'm ashamed of myself now)between sobs I did say to her 'I bet you wish you had not come to work today and boy have you pulled the short straw getting lumbered with me today' she was so kind and said not at all I want to help you...
It also made me realise the importance of having health check ups so I have decided to take advantage of  the service at the Esnaf and go for these tests yearly in October...
Also if anyone else has been told they need or have been recommended to have a colonoscopy it really is nothing to fear and that is coming from the scardest person in this world  ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 10:21:58 AM »
Really, really pleased for you Karen. I have been thinking of you over the Christmas period so thank you for updating us.   :) :D ;D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 22:01:36 PM »
Glad all is well Mrs Scaredy ! Xx

Offline Menthol

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 23:18:41 PM »
Oh that's wonderful news, Karennina! A great start for your new year.

Good that you have let us know and great that you are encouraging others to stop putting it off (one of my biggest faults) and getting stuff checked out.

We are very lucky that we have the Esnaf and Letoon Hospitals in Fethiye.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 17:12:38 PM »
Thank you ladies  :)yes I agree we are lucky to have Esnaf and Letoon and dentistry cheaper then the UK, I may give the Letoon a whirl next time!  ;)

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 17:45:42 PM »
Great news for you - what a relief.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf