Author Topic: Travel Insurance! Whoopee!  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Travel Insurance! Whoopee!
« on: December 29, 2014, 16:07:34 PM »
I've just renewed my travel insurance for another year! Now this may not mean much to you, but for me it is a cause for celebration. And, including Hilary, it is less than £460. Result! Now I can start to think about bookings and flights.

Offline marina

Re: Travel Insurance! Whoopee!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 16:09:58 PM »
I know exactly why you are celebrating Colwyn!  Well done and get booking!!  ;D

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 17:56:38 PM »
Well done sir. For people of a "certain age" it's an ordeal facing the annual inquisition
into what you have or havn't had, what's keeping you upright, and whether you will
need to raise a second mortgage to pay for the premium.
Has the price increased much since last year Colwyn.?

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 20:40:08 PM »
Good luck.

At our age with pre existing medical conditions we can't get any cover at all for our six month stay in Turkey. We have to pay our own way if we want to spend the winter here.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »
Has the price increased much since last year Colwyn.?
Kevin
I've just checked this and found to my surprise that, despite being one year older, the premium was actually £8 lower. It was due for renewal in January and I thought I would push it later into the year. But at first the starting date would have been after another birthday - and the second one would add £36. Following the agent's advice, I renewed from the day before my birthday thus saving the extra cost.

DonM
I have considered this (i.e. travelling uninsured) but I have already experienced heart failure in Turkey, hospitalization there and medical repatriation to the UK. I don't know how much this all cost but I think it would stretch most people's finances. I may decide differently if I get turned down for cover in the future.

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 15:29:49 PM »
We thought long and hard before travelling without insurance. We discussed it with the family before we went ahead.

We have decided if one or both of us dies in Turkey we would be buried here. Back home we have donated our bodies to the Hull and York medical school for medical research.

If we have to be flown home by air ambulance we can afford it once, that's the childrens inheritance gone.  :)

DonM

Offline gillian handbury

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 16:37:06 PM »
We hope no one needs to use their medical insurance next year.... Wishing you all a very Happy & a very Healthy New Year 2015.....

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 10:04:12 AM »

We    have always shopped around but found the Post Office travel insurance was usually the best.

My late mom in law had several medical conditions and in her seventies and early eighties the

Post Office quote was always the best. She was admitted to the Esnaf in Fethiye on two occasions

and the Insurance people sorted everything for us. It's when you claim that you find out how good they are.

Don M, I really admire your outlook and lifestyle.  Life is for living.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf