Author Topic: Water tank on roof  (Read 3303 times)

Offline 160606

Water tank on roof
« on: January 28, 2015, 14:27:12 PM »
We are about to move permanently to Calis in February.  We noticed while there in October that the side of the hot water tank on the roof looked as if it had been peeled away from the rest.  We assume we will have to  buy a new one as a matter of urgency when we arrive.  Anyone got any idea of cost and recommendations for who  could supply and fit it.  We also will be needing new windows and would appreciate recommendations for firms that had changed windows from wooden to pvc and an idea of the costings.  Thanks.

Offline Libra

Re: Water tank on roof
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 14:48:54 PM »
We had to replace our solar tank in October because it was leaking. The cost was about 900 Lira.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 14:54:13 PM »
I've used a guy called Ozden Ozde tel 0535 200 3318 a few times & recommended him to several people, all of whom have seemed happy with his work & prices. I can't be sure how much he'll charge for a new tank.

Not only does he do solar work, but is good with white goods too

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 15:07:22 PM »
The hot water tank problem may be easy and inexpensive to rectify.The inner tank is
covered in insulation which is then encased in a sheet metal sleeve. It sounds as though
the end cover just needs re fixing to   the sides with either plenty of Gaffa Tape, or self
tapping screws or pop rivets.. Or Bayram is often recommended on here for property
repairs and would also give a quote for new windows. Look under the search facility.
Wishing you all the best for your new life.       :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 16:01:54 PM »
Just had my old steel one replaced for the new insulated energy efficient type at a very reasonable cost.After a while they do rust and also if it has an immersion fitted they corrode.Its worth checking to see if any water is leaking onto the roof,if so its a new one needed and have the immersion checked at the same time.
All Aspects on BMB are excellent,reasonably priced ,quick,guaranteed work,ask for Selcuk

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 18:15:07 PM »
Speak to Bayram. 05352392334 he arranged for my new tank to be fitted 3 years ago 600tl, his brother fitted new windows for a friend of ours, did a very good job.

Offline 160606

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 20:53:38 PM »
Thanks to you all for your information.  We know Bayram as he and several of his brothers have done work on our house over the last 18 months and will be calling him when we arrive.  Prices seem really  reasonable so can now begin to sort our budget out. 
Thanks again, everyone.
Helen.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf