Author Topic: Should Booze be banned on Planes ?  (Read 4193 times)

Offline Pussinboots

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Should Booze be banned on Planes ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 21:52:00 PM »
Not sure - I have suffered similar antics on flights but also I have friends who have such a fear of flying that they literally can't board a plane unless they are extremely well oiled. Not a peep out of them though - so why should they suffer because others can't drink and behave?

Besides, it's a holiday tradition, the 6am pint  ;)

Offline patrice

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 22:05:39 PM »

Last year three young lads were on our flight.We had previously seen them in the departure lounge when we commented on the their behaviour and hoped they would not be seated near us ....but hope was not in our favour unfortunately for us they sat in the seats opposite the isle .When one threw up on the floor the other two deserted him and sat in vacant seats .The stewards just seemed to be ignoring the situation while we had to suffer the smell of vomit. I eventually reported it to a steward  who just said "we know"  >:( :o to add insult to injury they were offered more alcohol during the flight  ???

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 22:20:58 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3070679/Thomas-Cook-flight-Glasgow-Turkey-forced-make-emergency-landing-Gatwick-drunken-fight-passengers.html

I say yes and at airports ..have done for years

I agree.  In addition to banning alcohol lets ban cream cakes, Boots sandwiches and laughter.

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 22:24:18 PM »
Boots sandwiches? I can't fly without my meal deal!!!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 22:30:23 PM »
Yes you can, stop being silly.  Now...  the large V&C, that's something else!

JF

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 22:38:53 PM »
My 2 friends returned from Egypt last week. Similar scenario on their plane back to Glasgow. A very drunk woman with 2 small kids in her care, went berserk when she was refused any more alcohol on the plane. She allegedly became aggressive, threatening  and verbally abusive to 1 member of cabin crew in particular. The captain came on the tannoy and warned her that she could take her pick from a jail in Greece, Romania, or Bulgaria, as he was seriously thinking of landing the plane and having her removed. Police were waiting for her when the plane arrived in Glasgow. Poor wee kids too, they must have been terrified.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 22:44:28 PM »
I recall there was a big move by nearly all the UK based airlines to hold a blacklist for anyone causing a disturbance on any plane - e.g. you cause problems on an easyjet flight and you are banned by all the others too.

As far as I know there is no such scheme in place - if that is the case, the airlines are not helping themselves.

Offline GlennB

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 23:14:49 PM »
Keith, I admire your resolve waiting until 6 am for a pint. We had a couple of early cheeky ones at Gatwick a couple of years back and oh how my mate regretted it as we sat on the taxi way for 20 minutes!! I started to wonder how water tight the sick bags were as he squirmed  :D

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 09:29:13 AM »
We are regular flyers, and as middle aged plus  ladies we do not need any more rules and regulations telling me what we can and cant do.  I never drink alcohol in the daytime at home, but part of my holiday is sitting on the plane with a large v and t or a glass of wine (or both).  I have never been sick, assaulted the airline staff or caused the slightest problem, so why should I be told that I cannot enjoy my tipple. If airlines and airports were banned from selling alcohol the price of flights would be exorbitant.  There will always be some irresponsible people who will have too much more than they can deal with, but why should the silent majority suffer at the hands of a few idiots again!! 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf