Author Topic: Shine Restaurant  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Shine Restaurant
« on: June 12, 2015, 08:16:57 AM »
We spent the afternoon at Gold Finger in Ovacik and when we came out we felt hungry, so went up to Hisaronu for some eats.  Decided, after many recommendation on this Forum, to try the Shine Indian Restaurant.  We were not disapponted, lovely meal and liked the fact the owner came around asking us how the meal was.   I told him we had a place in Calis and that we had been recommened to try his place.  He asked how long had we been in in Calis and we said 10 years.   He had a right good laugh and asked us not to take 10 years to come back.     We will be back, loved the food.
This time for probably the first time we both said what a lovely setting Hisaronu is in.  The mountain views are stunning.   Now we are spending more time here we, I think, are starting to look around a bit more deeply and appreciate things a lot better than we used to.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Shine Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 11:44:43 AM »
We had a great meal in Shine a couple of Sundays ago. The place was packed.

We both tried the new Balti meals and I can highly recommend Doğan's chicken and prawn Balti extra spicy as requested (which I thought was mine) as well as my fiery chicken Balti.

Also loved the prawn puri to start.

Afterwards we had a wander around Hisarönü, The Ivy Terrace and Festival Boat bar (I have fond memories of this place) were both packed at 10pm ish while many other places were pretty much dead.

We were, well I was also very entertained from the street by three men dancing semi naked on the bar to an empty venue on the high street   ;)

Offline sunlover

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 16:30:50 PM »
We love an Indian meal, and try to go to the shine while in Calis.

We went along a few weeks ago, and actually was not impressed, we got so rushed along with every part of our meal coming before we were ready, to be honest i think we had our meal in 35 minutes!!! The onion bhajis were actually some of the  worst we have ever had, very soggy!!! The curry was as always good.

This did put us of this time.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 17:52:23 PM »
Hope you complained??   Have to say we had a lovely meal, the place was quite empty at 6.30pm when we arrived and the staff did not rush us at all. 
Nichola, nice of you to recommend another restaurant.  We were in your place today and had a lovely lunch as usual.  Sorry we have not seen you this time around. 

Offline sunlover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 20:01:53 PM »
We have not complained Jacqui, not sure its worth it now a bit to late.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 08:21:23 AM »
Jacqui we will have to arrange to meet up next time you are over. Maybe village breakfast or lunch somewhere other than Mozaik   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf