Author Topic: The Address restaurant  (Read 5908 times)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
The Address restaurant
« on: August 16, 2015, 15:15:05 PM »
Has anybody eaten in the Address lately? The high standard they had a few years ago dropped off a bit last winter.

I spoke to the manager a couple of times and he admitted they had staff shortages. They lost the head chef and were also short on English speaking waiters.

We have used the Address a lot over the years and I hope it is back to the restaurant we knew of old.   

Offline littlereddevil

Re: The Address restaurant
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 17:18:58 PM »
The Address in Fethiye? It always seems popular with Turks but I have never found it too exciting.

Offline sadler

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 17:33:37 PM »
Don, we have previously used The Address quite a lot as we did May/June this year. However, we did find that recently the waiters didn't seem as attentive as previously, in fact, on our last visit when we tried to get the attention of a waiter he walked past and seemed to have a joke at our expense with his mate. We later deduced, after watching for a while, that the waiter we tried to get the attention of was serving other tables and we seemed to be outside his boundary. In the past, he would have made the waiter for our table aware that we were seeking service, but we just seemed to be the butt of his amusement. That unfortunately was our last visit, so maybe they do have a staff shortage. We have previously found that the service was good and that the food was good value for money.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 17:48:54 PM »
We used them years ago they used to be good and the Head Waiter always used to come and speak to us.  He told us there were all Kurds that worked there and they were like a family.    However, we found they place really started to go off and we moved to the Mozaik Bahce for lunch.  Also and quite often we drive out to Kayakoy for lunch at the Istanbul. 

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 18:52:23 PM »
Never had a bad meal or bad experience there and dined at the Address many times. Most recently was just last week with my youngest son.

We've always viewed it as one of our fail safe places to eat and it is always terrific value for money.

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 20:35:40 PM »
Ditto.
The Address is one of our 'go-to' places in Fethiye with new guests or just when we're wandering around and fancy lunch or a pit-stop.
Never been disappointed by the food, always found it good value.  :)

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 21:16:02 PM »
I'm glad to hear that the Address has got its act back together.  :)  :) We will be back in October.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 21:21:54 PM »
Never liked the toilets there, smelly and not that nice.  Also right next to the kitchen, which one day really put me off when the door was opened.  I think I would gladly eat at any place, but if I see the kitchens and I am not happy, it is the end for me.

Offline busybee

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 07:30:21 AM »
We regularly have a coffee there if we are in town, as love the view.  Dont know how long it is since you have been there Jacqui, but the toilets are absolutely fine and very clean. 

Offline Stortman

• Formerly the artist known as Essexboy
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
We tried it for the first time in a number of years this year and were pleasantly surprised. Food was good, service good and price was reasonable especially for that location. We'll be going back again.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf