Author Topic: Law Change - Temporary Import of Motor Vehicles  (Read 4338 times)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Law Change - Temporary Import of Motor Vehicles
« on: October 21, 2015, 11:55:11 AM »
Looks like there have been changes made to the restrictive six month in, six months out rule.

It's probably not going effect many on here but it's a slight improvement on before.  If you've been out of Turkey for six months you are able to import a motor vehicle, on a temporary basis, for up to two years.

No idea how this will be implemented, especially for those with vehicles already here under temporary import.

JF

Offline George Warner

Re: Law Change - Temporary Import of Motor Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »
Do you have any further info,or where I may be able to access it for myself,do you know of anyone in Fethiye who can deal with the paper work i'm sure will be needed

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
No I dont.  What I've read has only been in the press and it wasn't overly informative - I've asked one of my ex-colleagues to see if he can clarify it, when he does I'll post it here.

JF

Offline academylin

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 20:16:24 PM »
Yes , my husband has been dealing with a translator and a solicitor (?) in Fethyie.

Ill find out the details and post them here tomorrow!

Offline Inspector

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 08:50:06 AM »
Hello,
The 6 months rule is for turistic exception.
If you are a Turkish man living (resident) abroad (that means you are out of Turkey more than 180 days a year and have residence card from the country where you live.) You can get your car here for two years.
This rule is changed expecialy for retired Turkish people Who lives in Europe and comes to Turkey several times but not more than 180 days a year.
They will get their car here for two years and drive here and will leave the car go back by plane.

For British people who is resident out of Turkiye can get their car here for two years. This can be usefull for new movers to Turkey.

Forigners resident in Turkey can't enter with their cars.

Information and the web site adress is written down for temporar import.

CARNET FOR FOREIGN VEHICLES (BLUE CARD)

Alien Vehicles Temporary Entrance Carnet (Y.T.G.G.K.) is a document being issued by Turkey Touring and Automobile Association for the land vehicles peculiar to private uses which are registered at their residential location and under the names of retired foreign citizens who have temporary residence permit together with the persons resident outside of Turkish Customs Territory who are in Turkey for carrying out a certain assignment or for the reason of education. The required documents for obtaining “Alien Vehicles Temporary Entrance Carnet” from Turkey Touring and Automobile Association and conditions of temporary importing of vehicles as per the 130th and 131st articles of Customs Law numbered with 4458 are stated below. PERSONS WHO CAN NOT AVAIL Y.T.G.G.K. RIGHT a) Personnel of embassy and consulate who have 1st or 2nd class Foreign Affairs Ministry identity card.
b) Multinational citizens (with Turkish citizenship) REQUIRED DOCUMENTS I) Foreign Employees : b) a) Residence Permit (working purpose), passport and driving license (together with their photocopies) *it is an obligation of blue card holders to get work permit from Ministery of Labour and then stamped in their residence permit.
b) Work permit photocopy given by concerning state authority
c) Turkish-origin foreigners are required to get stamped “exempt from work” in their residence permit.
d) Vehicle Licence as the evidence of the vehicle belongs to him/her, if any vending, sales contract (together with photocopy of seller’s license) from relating consulate.
e) Writing from work place specifies his/her task and its term addressing to the Association. (Company signature circular together with its photocopy)
f) Delivery receipt report of the vehicle from related Customs Directorate
g) Security according to engine capacity and year model of vehicle. (Demand bank letter of guarantee in cash or complies with Association sample.)Please send e-mail to triptik@turing.org.tr for deposit information , Please click for Sample of Demand Bank Letter
h) Application form to be completed and signed by owner of the vehicle. Please click for Application form II) Foreigners Receiving Education : a) Residence Permit (education purpose)
b) Student Certificate given by school addressing to the Association.
c) Passport, driving license (together with its photocopies)
d) Vehicle Licence as the evidence of the vehicle belongs to him/her, if any vending, sales contract (together with photocopy of seller’s license) from relating consulate.
e) Delivery receipt report of the vehicle from related Customs Directorate
f) Security according to engine capacity and year model of vehicle. (Demand bank letter of guarantee in cash or complies with Association sample.) Please send e-mail to triptik@turing.org.tr for deposit information , Please click for Sample of Demand Bank Letter
g) Application form to be completed and signed by owner of the vehicle. Please click for Application form
III) Retired Foreigners : a) Residence Permit (regulated due to retirement)
b) Document issued by the State Social Security Institution which shows that he/she was retired (certified from notary public, assembly or consulate, together with Turkish translation.)
c) Passport, driving license (together with its photocopies)
e) Delivery receipt report of the vehicle from related Customs Directorate
f) Security according to engine capacity and year model of vehicle. (Demand bank letter of guarantee in cash or complies with Association sample.) Please send e-mail to triptik@turing.org.tr for deposit information , Please click for Sample of Demand Bank Letter
g) Application form to be completed and signed by owner of the vehicle. Please click for Application form ISSUES TO BE CONSIDERED - YTGGK is regulated for 1 or 2 years as the carnet term will not surpass the terms of residence permit and work permit.
- It is very important for not to be applied sanction such as money penalty, to apply for validity extension to Turkey Touring and Automobile Association before the validity of Y.T.G.G.K. expires.
- This process can not be cancelled by quitting it later on or by the reasons of non transaction by Customs
- Certified translations by consulate or notary public of vehicle licenses which are not issued in International languages are required.
- The person who obtained Y.T.G.G.K. from Association should firstly go to Customs Office and then to Traffic Department Directorate of related province.
- To be able to drawback the deposited security, the vehicle should be definitely re-exported and Y.T.G.G.K. should be returned to Turkey Touring and Automobile Association after closing of its dossier by related Traffic Department and Customs.

http://www.turing.org.tr/index.php?r=content/view&id=177&label=foreign-vehicles-carnet-blue-card

You can e-mail them for further questions.

Inspector (Elite+Style Consultancy)

Offline Inspector

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »
Sorry for wrong informatin.
I have written ''Forigners resident in Turkey can't enter with their cars.''
But retired forigners resident in Turkey can enter Turkey with their cars. Duration of cars will be limited with their resident permision.
 In Turkish its written as ;
'' 4) Türkiye’de oturma iznine sahip Türkiye Gümrük Bölgesi dışından emekli yabancıların kişisel kullanıma mahsus kara taşıtına ikamet izinleri kadar,   ''
Regards

Inpector

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 22:26:28 PM »

Thanks for that Inspector.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf