Author Topic: Trump or No-Trump?  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Trump or No-Trump?
« on: December 09, 2015, 18:39:22 PM »
Some 200,000 plus people have signed a parliamentary petition {going up as I type} to ban Donald Trump from entering the UK due to his obnoxious views about banning all Muslims from the USA. I think this will now require a discussion in Parliament. According to opinion polls Donald Trump, is currently the leading Republican candidate - and by a very long way. Opinion polls also show that his chances of being elected if he were to compete against Hillary Clinton {currently the poll-leading Democratic candidate} would not be too shoddy - only a sliver behind on most recent polls. Can the UK really stick to the moral high ground and ban this crass demagogue from coming to our country when he might be the next President of the good ol' USA?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Trump or No-Trump?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 18:47:28 PM »
I suggest the UK "sticks to the moral high ground" and invite him in so as many people as possible can tell the obnoxious twat what they think of him to his satsuma face.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 19:11:53 PM »
I haven't noticed an online petition banning visits from Saudi Royal rulers for banning practicing christians from Saudi Arabia .... Not saying either is right just an observation that's all.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 21:13:09 PM »
Using Trump's reason for banning Muslim's, the recent mass shootings, and given that most of the mass shootings
have been carried out by white home grown Americans, will Trump want to ban all Americans from entering the USA.??
The man's a dangerous jerk and I hope he gets banned, if only to send a message to the USA. He is the result of
crossing a duck with a fart.   He's not at all upset with the American gun manufacturers.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 22:36:19 PM »
Personally, do not like him, but he has brought a lot of work and business to Scotland with his two Golf Courses.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 23:03:22 PM »
Donald Trump's pulled out of a golf course development in Argyll, citing fears about radical Muslim cleric Mullah Kintyre"

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 23:17:52 PM »
That's brilliant KKOB. Love it  ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 23:22:15 PM »
Robert Gordon's University in Aberdeen have stripped him of his Honoury Doctorator.
https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
Should I decide to visit the USA (very unlikely) how is Mr Trump going to know if I am a Muslim or not? Religion isn't declared on my passport - and mine is a genuine one. Does he propose stopping everyone at the border and asking "Are you now, or have you ever been, a Muslim?". There is a sort of precedent for this in the "land of the free".

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf