Author Topic: A flood of criticism  (Read 7866 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A flood of criticism
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »
I think you will find that the economy under Labour was managed far better...

Yes there was the world wide economic crisis caused by the banks at the end of their last term in office which some people still see to think was the sole fault of Brown which required an increase in spending to bail out the banks but I think you will find the evidence speaks for itself.

Considering the billions being cut in public service funding I'd like to know exactly what all this extra spending by the Tories is actually being spent on.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »

Iv'e run my own business for over thirty years and know that if you have no money you stop spending.

Labour always had access to someone else's money so couldn't see the need to stop spending it.

Gordon Brown's mindset was " We can't be broke, we've still got some Cheque's in the Cheque book "

He was wrong.!!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 17:04:22 PM »
I'd be really interested to know how to set up a business without making any investment whatsoever. I've had two successful businesses and both required start up and ongoing investment.

I believe the British people, or any people anywhere, should be invested in and it makes good business sense too. After all what is government for if it isn't about investing in the countries greatest asset, the people.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 18:23:07 PM »

So why do you support a party that is traditionally anti business/ anti profit, and has created a benefit dependent society.?

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 18:39:22 PM »
Does the Adam Smith Institute have a grudge against the English language? I thought they were merely ignorant of the writings of Adam Smith which they seem either not to have read or to have completely misunderstood. Still, they are happy splashing in their little puddle, I suppose.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 11:18:29 AM »
Does the Adam Smith Institute have a grudge against the English language? I thought they were merely ignorant of the writings of Adam Smith which they seem either not to have read or to have completely misunderstood. Still, they are happy splashing in their little puddle, I suppose.

beats reading the same anti - everything except left wing crap in the Guardian though  ;)

Offline madmart

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 17:33:27 PM »
I think you will find that the economy under Labour was managed far better...

Yes there was the world wide economic crisis caused by the banks at the end of their last term in office which some people still see to think was the sole fault of Brown which required an increase in spending to bail out the banks but I think you will find the evidence speaks for itself.

Considering the billions being cut in public service funding I'd like to know exactly what all this extra spending by the Tories is actually being spent on.

Who was it that was responsible for selling the country's gold reserves at the bottom of the market?

Who in effect deregulated the banks?

Gordon Brown that's who.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2016, 18:01:29 PM »
So how well do you think Gideon is doing?

Offline madmart

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2016, 18:15:02 PM »
So how well do you think Gideon is doing?

Seeing as he inherited a fairly rubbish situation back in 2010. Who can forget the note in the treasury drawer stating there was no money left as the previous government had spent it?

Basically the country had the equivalent several credit cards maxed out and many loans from the likes of Wonga. Paying these back is not the work of a moment, there are many things that could have been done better, but there does come a point when someone has to say enough. It is not easy and it is not pleasant but it has to be done.

That said tax breaks and evasion for large corporations needs to be sorted out and quickly. Some of these though were about when Brown was Chancellor why were they not so important then?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf