Author Topic: What is best way to draw from uk account please  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
What is best way to draw from uk account please
« on: September 19, 2016, 19:56:44 PM »
I have decided to extend my stay in Turkey so want to purchase some more lira, what is best way please to avoid charges / fees etc...I have a natuonwide account i know that used to be best way before chsrges were brought in though i think someone may have said there is a wsy around this? i also have a Halifax clarity card im sure iv read on here before you can get cash on that abroad with no fees, also have first direct account which i think HSBC is sister bank, im sure we used this before here and got a bit hammered on fees... Grateful as always for any replies...   :)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
Re: What is best way to draw from uk account please
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 20:29:39 PM »
Open a Norwich and Peterborough account - no atm charges if you have £500 a month coming in or £5000 deposited

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 20:37:25 PM »
Ooh sorry forgot to say im already in turkey and want to accsses one of my uk acconts with minimum charge or fees...thsnk u for info tho Kevin   :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 20:46:47 PM »
You can draw any currency on a Halifax Clairty Card and get the best rate of the day.  It is always No.1 on Martin Lewis's website.  Just make sure you pay it off at the end of the month, there is a charge to do this.
If you have a Nationwide Plus account you can draw out Sterling with no charges.  They do charge to draw out Lira. So, you can  get Sterling and change it over there.

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 23:06:24 PM »
I think..... Use your nationwide card to withdraw sterling from an ATM and then change it into lira. Sure I will be corrected if wrong!

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 04:45:06 AM »
As Jacqui and lissa state. Use your nationwide card to withdraw STERLING (HSBC, AM bank ), there is no charge for doing this. Take sterling to bank to change it.

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 04:45:57 AM »
Am.....AK bank

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 05:50:54 AM »
Brilliant thank you very much ladies that is great i have two choices, will prob go with the Nationwide option, i think possibly we made the mistake of wivdrawing tl before and got charged, that was the bit i was unsure of re getting sterling or tl   ;)

Offline madmart

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:48:59 AM »
You can draw any currency on a Halifax Clairty Card and get the best rate of the day.  It is always No.1 on Martin Lewis's website.  Just make sure you pay it off at the end of the month, there is a charge to do this.
If you have a Nationwide Plus account you can draw out Sterling with no charges.  They do charge to draw out Lira. So, you can  get Sterling and change it over there.

If you use a Clarity Card to withdraw cash you will be charged interest from the time of issue. It will then appear on your statement as a pending transaction (when you check online). After a couple of days normally it will be processed and appear as a normal transaction. Anytime after that if you pay the amount you withdrew you will limit the amount of interest charged as the bank will pay off the transactions with the highest interest charge first.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
Definitely use the NW account to withdraw sterling. No charges for that at all. Make sure you use the correct atm though. HSBC is OK. So is AK Bank - as stated above.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf