Author Topic: Monarch?.  (Read 15266 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Monarch?.
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2016, 21:45:37 PM »
We have been on cruises in the last couple of years.  The tour company book you on the airline and from there  you are pick you by coach to the cruise ship.  So, if the flight was delayed the ship would, in all probability wait for you.  Leaving the cruise ship there is a convoy of coaches going to the airport.
We have never got a flight on our own to join a cruise.

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2016, 22:32:05 PM »
I would be very interested to know how many of you that seem to think its wrong that I got €400 compensation  would not have put in a compensation claim at all knowing you were entitled to that compensation. All passengers were advised to do that by Monarch themselves when
they issued to every passenger a whopping £5 voucher for food and drink.The plane was full so I'm guessing about 300 passengers.What was ironic about our flight delay was that the Monarch flight to Ibiza was also delayed for over 3 hours. The excuse was the same as we were given which was"Technical Problems".The actual truth was that they did not have enough cabin crew to take off at the correct time. They had to contact other crew members on their day off to come in or they would have had to cancel the flight.How do we know this. Because one of the crew who came in on his day off told us.Actually he was quite happy about it as he was getting about £300 for coming in on his day off plus 2 extra paid days off.The EU did not bring in these compensation rules for no reason.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2016, 22:32:24 PM »
If someone offers me €400 for spending a few extra hours hanging about an airport then yeah, I'll have some of that thank you.

However...  thinking back over the past twenty or so years (easily 1,000+ flights), I can only think of about a dozen or so occasions where we've had delays of over four hours, seriously  :)  but then again we rarely use charters and one of those times where we did have a delay was a charter out of Dalaman.  Just like IP addresses and dodgy usernames I remember crap like this.

Longest we ever had was about ten years ago, in the days when independent travel in Cuba was a bit hit and miss and we ended up with a forty odd hours delay at Santiago de Cuba over Xmas - that was a hard one!

Too often these days airlines treat passengers like sh1t when it suits them to cancel or delay flights.  The EU regulations in respect of compensation for delays is a good spur for them to remember that passengers are customers, not just numbers on the balance sheet.

benim iki kuruş  :)

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 22:46:09 PM »
I would be very interested to know how many of you that seem to think its wrong that I got €400 compensation

Not wrong for me.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 23:37:48 PM »

I received compensation for a Thompson 5 hour delay but they didn't notify us of our rights

and treated us pretty poorly. I shouldn't think many on that flight claimed. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 23:43:31 PM »
My point to jamesuk is not about legislation or rights, it is about the repugnant opinion that he was not concerned about the possibility that 3,000+ Monarch employees may lose their jobs - he reserved his concern for himself - if Monarch went bust, would he get his claimed 400 euros. In fact, he would pocket 13 eurocents for each full time, professional career thrown on the scrapheap.

No apologies from me, that is totally repulsive.

We would all like to spent £200 on a flight and get 400 euros back (and the flight) but this really, truly, will cost the loss of all the 3000 jobs at small airlines like Monarch, and thousands more across the EU.

So when you get you 400 euros, for delays we used to hate but accept (and ultimately we got there!!), please think about the people, and the families you ruined - take the euros, they're yours - but spent half a minute thinking about the families of employees of airlines like Monarch who may well now signing on.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2016, 00:00:49 AM »
I don't blame you at all for claiming. I just think the amount paid for the delay you suffered was excessive. That's my opinion anyway.

Not your fault at all but the systems.

As I said earlier - prices will just keep on rising to cover these costs or airlines will go bust.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2016, 00:10:30 AM »
Everyone's problem

We want 400 euros when we are delayed a few hours, we want maximum possible competition, but ultimately the 400 euro in your pocket pushes an airline closer to the wall.

But get your claim in...

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2016, 07:35:08 AM »
This was my nightmare experience with Monarch a few years ago.  Arrived at 10am for a departure at midday.  We were called to gate at 11am but at 12 midday, informed there would be a delay and to return at 4pm.

Returned at 4pm to be told that there was a fault with the plane that required a new part.  The part was due to arrive from Leeds (although no aircraft was coming from Leeds) and it was due at 5.30pm, it would take a couple of hours to fit and we would be off at 8pm.  Returned to gate at 7pm as instructed.  8pm came and we were told that the part was on the plane and we were simply awaiting the paperwork to be signed off.

Then nothing.  Took to the plane around 10pm, held on the coach for 20 minutes looking at a plane and hammering the doors as we were near to collapse with the heat, only to be returned to the airport.  The staff had switched off all the lights and gone home so we were left with security staff only at this point.

Finally we were informed at around 11pm that we were going to be returned to East Midlands on a plane that had just arrived.  Once the passengers were off and the plane was refuelled, we would be off.  I can only assume that this plane was the Birmingham flight that was also delayed arriving at Faro which landed around 11pm.

At East Midlands, we were forced to wait approximately 1.5 hours standing in a queue for coaches.  They hadn’t even managed to get the coaches there to meet us.

The whole thing was a horror story from beginning to end. 

I took my money from my claim - but ironically, used it to buy more flights with Monarch!!!

Offline jamesuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2016, 08:28:22 AM »
My point to jamesuk is not about legislation or rights, it is about the repugnant opinion that he was not concerned about the possibility that 3,000+ Monarch employees may lose their jobs - he reserved his concern for himself - if Monarch went bust, would he get his claimed 400 euros. In fact, he would pocket 13 eurocents for each full time, professional career thrown on the scrapheap.

No apologies from me, that is totally repulsive.

We would all like to spent £200 on a flight and get 400 euros back (and the flight) but this really, truly, will cost the loss of all the 3000 jobs at small airlines like Monarch, and thousands more across the EU.

So when you get you 400 euros, for delays we used to hate but accept (and ultimately we got there!!), please think about the people, and the families you ruined - take the euros, they're yours - but spent half a minute thinking about the families of employees of airlines like Monarch who may well now signing on.
So if you and your family had been offered the compensation even though the delays were purely Monarchs fault because of their mismanagement you would have said No thank you I didn't mind being kept hanging around an airport for over 4 hours. And spending more money on food and drinks that are all at inflated prices.You keep it and if it happens again keep that compensation to. Yea right. As for me not caring that's a bloody insult Scunner and totally out of order.How the hell was I and the other 100s of other passengers to know that Monarch could have gone bust. We didn't. What about if they had been making millions in profits every year. Would that still be wrong to accept compensation for their mistakes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf