Author Topic: Help!!  (Read 23765 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Help!!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 11:47:22 AM »
Agree Lotty, not a lot around in May/June this year.
However, once bites get to the stage where you have yellow blisters this is serious and they are infected.  As I mentioned before, get medical help and do not burst the blisters in the meantime.

Offline Saga Louts

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 12:38:59 PM »
Hot spoon for me. Woks everytime if done quickly.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 14:35:01 PM »
Hot spoon for me. Woks everytime if done quickly.

Yes,, but if you read the original post you will see that is too late now...."done quickly" is not an option to blisters full of pus.

Offline marina

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 14:46:35 PM »
It may not be an option this time Jacqui but it might be for someone to try next time they get bitten if they act quicky.

Just a suggestion like some of the other posters have made.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 17:28:22 PM »
If they've only just arrived then the bites won't be infected! My wife had the same reaction the other year - the day after she was bitten.

Hot spoon worked a treat - stopped the itch and reduced the swelling.

They looked awful but we're not infected. However if you are unsure then take him to the nearest chemist and they will advise.

I once had an infected mozzie bite in Portugal. I ended up its my the vain in my arm turning an odd colour and itching like mad. Antibiotics sorted it inside 36 hours.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 17:56:04 PM »
It may not be an option this time Jacqui but it might be for someone to try next time they get bitten if they act quicky.

Just a suggestion like some of the other posters have made.

Yes suggestions are good for others for future reference , but the original post was asking what to do with yellow filled blisters and not new bites that can be easily treated with creams and hot spoons.  Best that the man suffering should get medical help this time, as Stoop has mentioned he had the same thing I did, infected bites that needed antibiotics.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2017, 23:48:12 PM »
Jacqui,

They arrived on the 5th. This post was the 7th. No way are those bite infected inside a day.

Some people (like my missus) react badly to mozzie bites. That doesn't mean the bites are infected. It just means they need to find a way to relieve the itching and reduce the swelling.

The heated spoon worked for Maggie but it won't work for everyone. Just as not everyone will need antibiotics.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 02:09:24 AM »

They looked awful but we're not infected. However if you are unsure then take him to the nearest chemist and they will advise.

[quote author=stoop link=topic=63847.msg443273#msg443273 date=15022097

You got it wrong there Stu. It's got to be the chemist in Fethiye where all Brits go. Jacqui says so!!!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 04:21:21 AM »
Suddenly seeing blooming loads of mozzies, the reeds are being cut along the streams I wonder if this has disturbed a lot of them and caused them to flee, i had 3 in my bedroon last night, ii have one of those electronic bats ( £1 at Poundland) and it gives me sooo much pleasure to swipe one and watch it being frying pay back   :)

Offline Google

• Newly Registered
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
I find if you spray the bites with the spray used to prevent mossey bites ie sinkoff then that stops the itching. spray as soon as you see a bite and whenever they start itching and rub it in gently. I was told this years ago snd it works every time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf