Author Topic: Meeting people  (Read 2304 times)

Offline Loujasmin

• Newly Registered
Meeting people
« on: July 25, 2018, 19:28:04 PM »
Hi again,
Been on the forum for 2 years now, ( still a newbie I know) been to Turkey ( well, this will be our 4th time) and my husband and I would love to know if there is anywhere we could go and possibly meet and chat with people?
Obviously we chat with people, but we are on our own and sometimes think it might be nice to have people to meet up with occasionally,  Maybe himself have a beer with or a game of pool with whilst I’m faffing getting ready, that sort of thing.  :)
Any ideas?
Kind regards
Lou
X

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Meeting people
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 19:53:15 PM »
A couple of suggestions Loujasmin:

1. Book a boat trip - we have struck up a few friendships after meeting people in that relaxed atmosphere.

Our favourite is with Sukru on sugarboattrips.com or on facebook. Not the cheapest but a great day out.

2. Put a photograph of you both of you on here and if other members spot you on the prom or in a restaurant or in a bar they may come up and say hello.

(That might be an idea generally - a new thread where members post their "mug" shots if they wouldn't mind at least introducing themselves to other members when in Calis. (I know there is an existing thread under New Members Introductions but it is propably well out of date)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 21:30:11 PM »
Years ago there used to be CBF meetings in Bus Stop (long gone now) where,  if they wished members could pop in for a drink and hopefully form a friendship or two.
Shame those days are gone but I am sure any of the bars along the prom would welcome the business were it to start again

Offline Pamelat

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
Lou

Good morning, I am a new resident in Calis and would be happy to meet up and say hello just message when ur free and we can meet up and have a chat,
always good to make new friends.
Pam x

Offline jimmy123

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 11:55:24 AM »
I'm in the same boat hear a lot on my own be nice to chat to someone

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:59:40 AM »
A beer and a game of pool seems right up my street. We are over tomorrow for 10 days. Get your hubby to PM me and I will meet up with him. You and my OH can join us when you've finished faffing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf