Author Topic: 2019 holidays  (Read 4114 times)

Offline charlste

2019 holidays
« on: November 30, 2018, 20:27:59 PM »
Just been looking at flights for next may to dalaman.
Leeds bradford to dalaman return is nearly £700 each with TC.jet 2 a bit cheaper.
manchester a little bit cheaper.
This is really going to affect turkey if the prices dont change.
Also i am being quoted £2800 for 4 weeks in an apartment for me and my wife.
Maybe time for a change?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: 2019 holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 23:32:08 PM »
Prices are shocking compared with other destinations - Larnaca in Cyprus is further than Dalaman and can easily be booked at half the price.

The difference I think is that accommodation is far more expensive there and the overall costs are the same or thereabouts. If you accept that is the case, then the airlines will always charge way more for flights while hotels charge so little.

The cost for the apartment you mention is crazy too - I guess with all the new legislation and people needing to register with the police and log guests etc that demand is possibly still high but supply has fallen dramatically - I know quite a few people who have given up renting as they don't need the hassle.

You could more or less stay all inclusive at Jiva Beach for 4 weeks in May for that price (yes I appreciate it isn't a straight comparison or what you are looking for, but still - it does highlight the mad cost).

On a final note, we are going to an all inclusive hotel in Menorca next year for a few days. Comparable with Jiva Beach I would say, but the Menorca hotel would cost more for the accommodation alone than Jiva Beach costs for exactly the same dates including flights - so it's not the end of tourism in Turkey quite yet.

Offline marina

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 14:59:25 PM »
Certainly the flight costs from Manchester and Leeds Bradford (the ones we use) are high at the moment but we've found that they do come down a bit if you can afford to wait and risk getting the flights you want.

As for £2800 for an apartment, that's outrageous!  Unless it's a very, very special apartment!  :o

I don't know where you want to be in Calis or what you're looking for but prices in May should be about the same as October and we've rented apartments for a few weeks at a time then.  This year we had four weeks in October at the Kerim apartments, just behind the Kerim Hotel so very central to everything.  Nice and modern with washer, full size fridge/freezer. No oven or microwave but that didn't bother us too much.  We paid £30 a night.  £840 in total. 
But there are other places.  Have a look at Joy Lettings website.  They have quite a few 2 bedroom apartments on small complexes.  All well equipped for a few weeks stay and for under £1000 for 4 weeks next May. 

Offline charlste

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 16:26:16 PM »
The quote of £2800 was for sunset apartments.
Joy lettings have offered us their apartments and everyone of them was priced at £1600 for 5 weeks.
I will keep looking.lol

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 18:36:18 PM »
Living in Scotland, we invariable have to pay more for flights but it seems that all the flight companies are hiking the prices to all destinations but particularly to Turkey.  I think they are basing this on the great value the customer gets once they arrive there BUTitvwill backfire on them.  Even Turkish Airlines have increased the price of their flights to Turkey for 2019.if things don’t change, many people will choose alternative destinations.

Offline Robw

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 09:57:34 AM »
Check out Pegasus, posted just in case you missed the post in the flight section, some really good prices.

Offline suecheshireuk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 16:23:32 PM »
Also check out Easy jet for flights.

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 17:27:02 PM »
If you are looking at the whitsun school holiday week in May, then I have generally found it more expensive than anytime during the six week holiday and that has been the case since the school fines became enforceable by the wonderful excuse of an individual Micheal Gove.
We now prepare ourselves to travel from other UK airports in hope of a better deal than BHX (our local) our May hols from Luton and Aug from Bristol both with Easyjet, even with parking and petrol with have saved around a grand.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 18:27:18 PM »
Agreed, we have some of the most expensive airports up here - bargains are rare flying from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. We have previously travelled down to Manchester (mainly) but also Newcastle, Leeds Bradford & Liverpool to get a better deal.

We get hit early with school holiday price hikes but luckily Scottish holidays differ from England's so we can head south in our school holidays and save a packet. With the twins that makes 4 of us and savings have been up to £220 per person flying from Northern England (where the school holidays haven't started yet) rather than Scotland (in school holidays). That's £880 to drive for 4 hours, no problem. We do need to stay over the night before if it is an early flight, or when we return if it is a late flight, but it is normally easy to get a couple of Premier Inn rooms for £30-40 each so we are still £750+ in credit.

On the first week of School holidays in Scotland, if you fly from Newcastle you won't hear a Geordie accent, everyone in the car park bus, check in queue, bar, on the plane is Scottish  :)

Next year we travel more just the two of us, so the savings are halved - but also we can't be ar$ed with the miles and overnight stays (it also means losing one more valuable holiday day at work) so we have got up early (we = me) to get the outcoming Easyjet flights which suit us well at the price. They have doubled since and I would consider driving to Leeds Bradford rather than get ripped off (my company's head office is in Harrogate) but luckily we (me) were up to get a good deal.

Offline trixe12

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 16:40:55 PM »
We are going in May 2019 we got our flights from Manchester £835.00 not good flight times , includes baggage and meals pre booked seats total was for  both of us

Also apartment on sea front was 1,300 for the mth its just one bedroom

Hope you find something

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf