Author Topic: Boat trip  (Read 1864 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Boat trip
« on: September 06, 2022, 17:12:41 PM »
Hi
Any recommendations for a boat from the cooperative in Calis ?
Thanks  the Badgers 😎

Offline Fran

Re: Boat trip
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 17:38:11 PM »
We use either Taner Noyan ,Calypso T boat orAli Tugsat on Ali’s boat both do delicious food and lovely families.

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 17:59:51 PM »
Thanks Fran - will give them a look 😎

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 07:29:48 AM »
Please can you let me know how much your boat trip is . I was really shocked to be told by a friend Jerry boat is now £40 a person. The trip is also not as varied as it was apparently, just going to one island stopping a number of times. That, along with the new rules of no fishing or barbecue, it's lost its appeal for me. Always a  big advocate of Jerry boat, the only boat I would go on. The food, safety and the whole vibe of the trip has always made this to be an essential part of my holiday experience. Sadly, I'm having to rethink that.

Offline cally

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 09:44:40 AM »
Think the Calis cooperative has a fixed price of 450tl pp as of last week but the rate things are going up??
Anyway Aliş 1 is a favourite of ours, again great food,family etc.

Offline woody

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 16:48:44 PM »
I agree BernieTEYZE
When i was out in June a friend of mine was telling me about the trip he and his family had on Jerry boat and remarked how very expensive his trips had become and that no more fishing was aloud, He also remarked that the trip itself was nothing like the past as now it just entailed dropping anchor at very few islands and bobbing on the sea for hours at a time...so sad as i have always used jerry for our family boat trips...still I am over in Calis again in two weeks but not going to pay £40 a time (If that’s the price) as there are 4 of us going and i would think many others may feel the same, but I do feel sad for Jerry and his wonderful family as this surely will have a serious impact on his and other businesses . Hard times ahead for many of us me thinks.

Woody

Offline MarKar

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 14:19:03 PM »
We have just returned after our 3rd visit this yr ( had to make up for last yr!)  and did our annual family  boat trip from calis with murat Mucar turkanim boat. Lovely day as always, visiting a few bays swimming and lunch, its pretty much the same every year but its a day we all enjoy.
Its a set price by the co operative around £20 I think.
That said on another note we were considerably shocked by the price increases between our 3 visits staring  from April in low season to now in high season and while we can an all understand the high inflation rates in Turkey I think they are in danger of losing a lot of custmers after hearing many say it is now far to expensive and they won't  come again..... Sadly for the first time in  20 years I can see the appeal gping somewhere else.

Offline Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 06:53:38 AM »
My family did a Gerry Boat in July. Itinerary , activities and catering were much reduced. Cost was £ 20. Can't imagine that price has doubled since then.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2022, 12:53:04 PM »
Are local businesses meant to absorb the raging inflation increases just so tourists can have a cheap holiday

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 14:02:35 PM »
Happy to report that I spoke to Jerry and boat trips are still £20 per person and he's operating every day still.

I agree ,the general costs across all shops have gone up so much in a matter of months. I do feel for the ordinary Turkish families that are struggling on Turkish wages. Happy to pay the increased costs for services and goods that I use and are good value for money.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf