Author Topic: Brothers restaurant Calis.  (Read 11177 times)

Offline dycedon

Re: Brothers restaurant Calis.
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
Bigfoot, i also live in Aberdeen, where would you get a kobe beef steak ion Aberdeen, had one in Oz and it was superb, fill me in on the place please.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2015, 13:16:07 PM »
My son got some in Aberdeen  and I cooked it, as did he in his own home, neither of us liked it.  It was also expensive.

Offline dycedon

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2015, 17:14:15 PM »
Jacqui, it is very expensive, probably one of the best steaks i have eaten, cooked to perfection.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 17:39:19 PM »
Not for us and my son is a real gourmet and does a lot of his own cooking and making cakes etc., He said he was totally disappointed with it and would not buy it again. I may not be the best cook but I did not like that at all.  Give me a good old Bert Fowlie's (of Strichen) Steak anyday.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 18:40:01 PM »
At £200 a kilo it's a tad costly -

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2015, 02:05:05 AM »
Another restaurant review hijacqued !

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2015, 05:31:31 AM »
O.K. as you wish.. Back to the reviews.
After reading all these recommendations, we had a meal there.  Free garlic bread, very dry with no accompanying butter,dips etc., just a basket of bread.   Main course was fine nothing out of the ordinary.  We did not have steak.  Phil had lamb I had chicken.  Desserts ordered but the guy said he had checked the fridge and what we ordered had gone, we then picked lemon cheesecake which was still quite frozen and hard, so, out of the freezer, small pieces , obviously a mass produced product, no cream or ice cream with it,.  It was not great, very bland.  We did note that dessert and coffee was only 10 TL this is very cheap.  We asked for cappuccinos and the guy said that he would charge extra for them, we said that was fine, no problem.   Coffee was good.  Maybe he should have a few desserts that are a bit more expensive and away from the 10TL special offer.
Perhaps we hit it on a bad night, perhaps we should have had steak? who knows? 

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 17:45:33 PM »
we ate there on our first night out about two weeks ago and were disappointed with both quantity and general quality of the dishes. We've eaten there a lot in years past but stayed away for the rest of this holiday; a shame as they're quite an affable bunch but the food's the priority for us.

Offline Neil T

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 21:20:23 PM »
Never had a bad meal at Brothers restaurant and we've been going every year they have been open.  The portions sometimes do not match some other restaurants in calis beach but the quality is always consistently good. Just means I clear my plate rather than leave food cause there too much of adequate quality like some of the restaurants. As a bonus the two lads that own/ run the restaurant are two of the most genuine people my family has come across in the 8 years we have been going to calis beach.  They always give us a warm welcome and make our children feel safe. It's a win- win for us!

Offline cheffy

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 13:12:47 PM »
Toky, I am surprised that a good Scots woman would bother with steak (from who knows where in Turkey or perhaps China, maybe Germany or perhaps Russian) . :o :-[ :-X
I think you will need to come to Aberdeenshire and taste the steak from my butcher, it will spoil you for any "Foregin" steak.   ;) ;D
We visited Frank Cannon's for the first time tonight after coming back late from Fethiye.  The Turkish wraps where very good.   8) :angel:
P.S. ring will be ready soon... :  :)

Have to say Jacqui, I've been cooking steaks for years and agree Aberdeen Angus is the best, apart from when I was a young lad working France a local Farmer crossed Aberdeen Angus with a chariolet , and the result was Superb, just the right amount of marbleing of fat, and we used the fat for rendering and used it for frying the chips with, it was delicious, and we used to do the chateaubriande with a tarragon bernaise which cost an arm and a leg in its day....oh the memories

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf