Author Topic: Post Office Hisaronu Nightmare  (Read 7383 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Post Office Hisaronu Nightmare
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 17:50:20 PM »
Thing is, what I am saying is, if this problem started when the old postie left, then (surely) this postie is holding people's mail.  In the UK it would be illegal.  And I imagine it is also Illegal here.  So, I would have thought a well worded (in Turkish) explanation of the situation should be supplied to someone in authority.

Offline antonia1966

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 19:56:54 PM »
Popped back into the post office yesterday with Tetmeister, some one else (not the postie) went to check for our mail but whilst we were waiting the 'postie' and the 'post mistress' where going through a pile of post and putting crosses right across the addresses!! Why? They were discussing the addresses, the postie gave a shrug, then a cross went on the envelope. Personally I feel its organised chaos, know one seems to know if they are coming or going and thats the staff. We have now told family unless its really necessary, don't send us any post, if they have to send it recorded!  Bring back our old postie.

Offline Vix

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
def a problem since the old postie was lost - I miss him! We are even having trouble receiving all our business post up here and Ive experienced the same farce when you go direct to the post office! Like previously said its not just ex-pats waiting for stuff!

Offline simpsons

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 17:59:01 PM »
It's about time the high ups did something about this situation. We live in Ovacik, and when it was the old Postie, we got letters and parcels reguly. We have not had any delivered since the new one took over, even though I have seen his bike outside Bim a few times, (got time to do his shopping). I have been to the PTT a couple of times, and was told by the woman there to come back at 5pm when the Postie would be there. My neighbour, who is Turkish has been a couple of times and gets his letters. He also has found some of ours. Surely this situation cannot be allowed to carry on like it is. I would complain to Mayor Yilmaz if I knew it would do any good, (I bet he gets his mail), but he adopts a couldn't care less attitude, as long as it does'nt affect him or his businesses.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 18:38:59 PM »
I really think complaining is the only way.  Complain to someone high up at PTT.  Complain to anyone, make a fuss, shame them into doing something.  Otherwise nothing will change.  I am sure if you ask Turks they will have some idea of where to complain.  Or look on the internet for details of PTT.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
You can email your complaint to the Mayor at

baskan@oludeniz.bel.tr

Offline Old Daffodil

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 15:08:08 PM »
Wow!
Had over three months worth of post delivered today. Twenty letters in all! The letters where bundled up and put on top of our post box,not in it as there were too many.

We agree that the old postie was good, very sorry when we learnt he was arrested and signed the petition.

Offline kaptainkrunchie

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 15:54:03 PM »
Just met our new postie who has just been transferred here in the last few days.

Brought him up to my house to show him where we lived

His name is Ogur (Pronounced oooor)

Offline simpsons

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 17:46:25 PM »
Well, Well, Well. Just been out to the shop, and guess what was at the bottom of our stairs? Some letters for me and the wife. Hers was 2 Mothers Day Cards (posted in England on 16th March), and 2 letters for me. Are things looking up? Watch this space.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 17:48:45 PM »
YAY!!!  *Wonders if they read CBF*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf