Author Topic: Accident at Hisaronu Fun Fair.  (Read 13975 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Accident at Hisaronu Fun Fair.
« on: August 23, 2015, 18:46:44 PM »
This was on T.A. today.  Never liked the look of the rides in that fair.  Also, if this had of been in the U.K. there would have been reports of it.  Has anyone seen any mention of it over in the Turkish press?
----------------------------------------------

Whilst on holiday in August 2015 we went to the fun fair with our 3 children. One night we were there, a ride(which spins around on arms with 2 children per cab) broke and hit people nearby! It was horrific and to this day i do not know how the people or children are. There was blood, shouting and my kids saw the whole thing. The fun fair was open the next day but in my opinion it should be shutdown! Please DO NOT GO TO THIS FUN FAIR! it looks good and is cheap but after seeing what i did you do not want to risk going here!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Accident at Hisaronu Fun Fair.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 19:04:21 PM »
Remember how, when we first went to Turkey, we used to say how refreshing it was that the country wasn't stifled by all those silly H&S rules like we had in the UK. And then we found out about all those deaths and maimings that were the consequence of this "quaint" relaxed attitude.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 19:05:23 PM »
I don't know whether it has been in the news. It did happen but the Turkish people involved made it worse by their hysterical behaviour. Two (Turkish) kids got injured but nothing life threatening.

I wonder how anybody can say that the fair looks good though since it doesn't. The rollercoaster for example is resting on stacks of bricks at each corner. The bricks are stacked three or four high so imagine they gave way whilst the rollercoaster is going around. A disaster waiting to happen.

Next time I pass I'll take a picture because it's ridiculous beyond belief.

Offline Libra

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 19:42:31 PM »
It was on local and national press. The owners said the accident has been caused due to a factory fault. I don't know what the factory officials said and what the parents of the two injured children did.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 21:17:25 PM »
My son and I were looking at the funfair only earlier today as we walked to the Migros next door.

We too were aghast at the roller coaster on piles of bricks and in some cases, those bricks resting on bits of wood. It doesn't bear thinking about.

And if that is the general level of health and safety then the other rides will be just as dangerous.

Definitely keep away from it.

Offline Libra

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
Menthol , I have seen it yesterday and was shocked.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 13:33:49 PM »
Would it be possible to speak to the Mayor about the standard of safety.Also the local Muhtar May be worth contacting about this ride in his area.

Offline Libra

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 16:16:25 PM »
I'll try to make some pictures next time I'll go there. If anybody can make some and post them here before I go , this could be quicker. Then I'll write a PM on facebook to the vice mayor here in Hisarönü and attach the pictures.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 16:28:45 PM »
Good job Libra, that is very kind of you.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 21:16:22 PM »
A petition might help influence the local authorities especially if it included Turkish voters.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf