Author Topic: Laptop problems  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Rosy

Laptop problems
« on: September 16, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
My laptop is behaving badly and just wont open. It just goes around  in  circles saying it will restart in 29 seconds, it counts down and   then goes on to Windows page only to go back to first page again saying it will restart in 29 seconds, Where can I take it to be sorted, preferably without losing precious photos recently uploaded but not saved to external hard drive ?

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Laptop problems
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 21:56:19 PM »
When it is trying to start keep hitting the F8 key and you should then be given an option to start computer in safe mode. If this option starts it then when you have the desktop showing restore the computer to the last known save. Then restart and hopefully it will solve the problem

Offline Rosy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 07:27:47 AM »
Thanks Steve, did try this but it did not work, so it is off to the laptop hospital with it. I have had two shops recommended so it is decision time, but I am assured that my photos will be saved. Just can't believe that when I put them on the computer I did not make copies of them before deleting them from my camera.

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 07:56:36 AM »
You may be lucky that if they use your hard drive as a slave drive they may still be able to access the pics. Don't forget to ask the shop to do that first.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 09:18:50 AM »
Nothing worse than being wise after the event but to prevent losing your valuable photos in future - install Dropbox. It's free, brilliant and uploads your photos totally automatically to a safe space. Your laptop/pc can explode and you can still get your photos back from any other computer. It takes 2 mins to set up and the rest it does for you.

Here are some more details: http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/computer_problems_questions_virusscam_warnings/c_drive_50747.msg314259.html#msg314259

Good luck getting yours saved - and as Steve says, tell them you want them. I found that remedy no1 to everything over there was to wipe the hard drive and start again :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf