Author Topic: Hi from new member  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Apricot

Hi from new member
« on: April 10, 2004, 18:09:46 PM »
Hi,  Have been reading your posts all day, I found this forum as I am looking to buy a home in Turkey, perhaps Calis-Beach.  Have yet to come to visit.  You all seem such nice people, I am sure it won't be long before I come over.  
I guess I will be posting and trying to pick your brains as I go through this house hunting and the purchase.
Am really looking forward to moving (soon I hope) :)

Chrissie

Offline Sinbad

Hi from new member
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 18:14:41 PM »
Heidi was fantastic in helping us find our home. We intend to put it to good use over the coming years. We found Calis relaxing and close to every thing we want. You wont go wrong by looking at the area.

Offline Apricot

Hi from new member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 18:24:35 PM »
Hi Sinbad,

Thanks for your welcome, Calis-Beach does sound wonderful, I am seeking a relaxed sort of area and it's good to know it's that.

Chrissie

Offline tel

Hi from new member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 19:13:46 PM »
Hiya Chrissie,
Welcome to the forum and I would also add that Calis is a less hustle and bustle area with many peaceful locations and a great base for exploring further afield.
Tel

Offline haino

• Calis Reject
Hi from new member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 20:53:03 PM »
Chrissie

Welcome to the forum.

Give Calis a try. Sure you'll love it.

Gordon

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Hi from new member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 22:03:40 PM »

Hi Chrissie

Welcome to the site. Calis is more relaxed than some other resorts but still with plenty going on - and its full of the loonies from this site! Seriously there are so many things to see and places to visit, all within easy reach - you'll love it.
Val

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Hi from new member
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 01:27:31 AM »
Hi Chrissie
Welcome to the forum.
Believe it or not I've never been to Calis but am in the process of buying there at the moment!
Have been in the surrounding areas but when I found this site and read all the nice things about Calis I was hooked.
Anne

Offline nelliedeen

Hi from new member
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 07:48:22 AM »
Hi Chrissie, welcome to our site, we bought our house last year after only visiting Turkey once, and that was to Marmaris.  But us, like everyone else on this site got hooked on Calis Beach.  We went over for a week to look for a house and just fell in love with the place and the people.  Good luck, I am sure you will find the magic you are looking for.
Regards
Helen

Offline Sinbad

Hi from new member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
Hi Chrissie

Calis is not all paved and covered in neon lights. It is simple, almost rustic but with a big heart. Calis has got character, it is relaxing. You can go out and not worry about what is out there like the UK. Fethiye is just down the road by what ever means you care to choose. The dolmas is fun, scooter better and walking along the shore is about 45mins. The area has everything you want for the day or night. OK we only had a week out of season but loved every minute and go back tomorrow for more!

Offline teresa321

Hi from new member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2004, 16:00:17 PM »
Don't want no bikers living near me (scooters indeed)!

Welcome Chrissie

I have only been to Calis once and it was very cold and frosty, but the warmth shone through and Heidi found us our home in Turkey.  I think you will enjoy yourself.

Teresa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf