Author Topic: I'm a bit lost here...where can I post this?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline arlene carol

I'm a bit lost here...where can I post this?
« on: February 13, 2009, 19:53:54 PM »
Hello Everyone, I've just joined this list at the suggestion of a friend living in Istanbul. I'm not from the UK so I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I have been in Turkey for more than 18 years however and live a bit up the coast from you folks. But this isn't about me, it's about a dog..A lovely sweet affectionate pure bred pointer. I have four dogs currently and offered to foster him until the prospective owner bought a house here and moved to my village. He must have gotten 'lost' during partridge hunting season and was on the road for almost 2 months. The woman who asked me to rescue him decided she wasn't moving here and couldn't take the dog! We've fallen in love with him but really, five dogs is 3 dogs too many. I'm looking for a nice foreign family to give him to, free of charge. He's been neutered, has all of his shots and would make someone a perfectly wonderful companion. His name is Ori (short for Orion the Hunter), he's about 18 months old, white with some tan and has a cropped tail (which I find strange for a pointer but as a boxer owner, I'm not knowledgeable about hunting dog tails)
Preferably, Ori should go to a home without young kids because while he was roaming in town, the kids must have been cruel to him and he's rather nervous around them at first. I'd hate for him to hurt a child out of fear...he has made friends with my neighbors' grandchildren, but I just don't trust him yet. He's only been with us since January 1 when we brought home a 'bag of bones' and turned him into a champion! I have photos and will send them to interested parties.

Please contact me if you are interested or know of someone who might need a furry housemate...

arlene.carol@gmail.com

thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 21:03:18 PM by stoop »

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
Hi Arlene, welcome to CBF  :).

Sad to hear about another Dog needing help, I hope you find a good home  8).

It's not a great idea to publish your e-mail address on a public forum!  If anyone wants to contact you, they can send a PM through your profile  :)

Offline arlene carol

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »
Hi Cef!
Thanks for the tip. I've been online here since 1993, never had a problem with giving out my email address. What could possibly happen? I really don't know why it's a bad idea, but I'm sometimes very naive about people...too trusting, I guess. When did that become a liability?

I really do hope we find a good home for this dog. He's so very lovely and I know how much British people love their animals. I'm sure someone from your community would give him a good home and all the love he deserves.

If you can think of another venue to post information about Ori (or another forum here) please let me know. Five dogs are wearing me out!! :-))

Thanks so much.
arlene

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 14:04:44 PM »
Arelene,

Welcome - I moved the post but did not see the email address. It's not really a good idea to put it on the forum (or anywhere in the pubic domain) as you might find yourself getting unsolicted spam mail which can be infuriating as well as possibly carrying the odd virus or two.

You can delete it if you want by editing your post or if you ask one of the admin team will do it for you.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 20:19:09 PM »
hi and a warm welcome hope you find a new home for the dogs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf