Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1430 times)

Offline 8ightball

« on: April 10, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
Hi, we are Andy and Sue from Leeds.  We are coming over in August for 2 weeks staying in an apartment in Calis Beach with our 2 children William 8 and Abigail 6.  Last time I came to Turkey was 20 years ago! We are a bit aprehensive because after we booked the holiday alot of our friends have said it would be too hot for the kids in August. Also we are a bit worried that there won't be alot for them to do especially on a night. Ideally we would be looking for bars that has children's entertainment or somewhere thay can play while we can have a drink and keep an eye on them. Any recomendations? Where is the best place to eat out Calis Beach or Fathiye? Regards Andy...

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 13:22:56 PM »
My three grandchildren have been coming here for the last five years in August since the youngest was a baby with no problem at all.  Be sensible keep them out of direct sun or cover up particularly at sea or on the beach and make sure they drink a lot, preferably water, wear a hat and use lots of high factor sun protection.  Much the same as you should do for your selves really.  :)

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 14:03:57 PM »
hi Andy and Sue.We,ve been taking the kids in august for the last 6 years.True,it is hot but they will get used to it.They may be a bit niggley for a day or so.try to keep your air con on in one room and then at least they can go in for a cool.perhaps have a siesta between 12 and 3 when it is hottest.high factor sun tan cream and usual precautions etc.calis is a great place for kids,its nice for them to have a play on the beach as you watch them with a refreshing drink.i'm sure there will be a park somewhere as well.always a failsafe is the trusty ds guaranteed for a few minutes peace!there is a playpark in fethiye right on the harbour where there are plenty of bars to relax and lots of stalls/shops.our favourite on the harbour is Tadem.have a great time.

Offline sannyrut

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:33 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.I can't add anything more to the previous replies-have a great holiday.

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »

Hello Andy and Sue welcome to CBF Have a good holiday.    Bruce

Offline Mr Pickles

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 07:52:49 AM »
Hi Andy and Sue, welcome to the forum

I am sure that you will all have a great holiday

Ian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf