Author Topic: hi to all  (Read 2382 times)

Offline amanda

hi to all
« on: February 20, 2005, 15:27:28 PM »
Hi

my name is amanda married to mark we have two children jamie 14 and jade 12 and own an apartment in calis, we have to say it is a lovely place and hope to be moveing out soon, a little frightening, but we are looking forward to it,like some info on private education, my kids would like to be taught from home.via internet i was told when i came out in oct that this is possible but need to find out more.HELP.
many thanks amanda

Offline kanga

hi to all
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 15:42:39 PM »
Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum, never thought about teaching online what a great idea I would also be interested how this all works with 3 kids in tow.  Our move to Turkey could be possible sooner than we thought we have been waiting for the kids to finish school in the UK but now you have got me thinking.

Offline lindi

hi to all
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 16:50:39 PM »
Hi Amanda

Welcome to the forum.  Unfortunately I can't help you with the teaching topic as my kids are out of school.  We also have an apartment but can only holiday there at the moment - hopefully we will get to live there one day - the sooner the better!  Good luck with your move.

Best wishes

lindi :)

Offline amanda

hi to all
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 17:55:27 PM »
hi kanga

thanks for your reply we have looked at meny ways of tutoring the children and spoke to many local people some have posative veiws and others not so posative so, we decided to try to find home help. we to were going to wait but as we all now things here arnt getting any better and as we all say the longer you leave it, the worse it will get,so we are going back in april to look further with a view to leave uk by then end of term, like any perant you look to make the best for your childrens future but it wont be here,

good luck to you and maybe one day i will meet you there
amanda

Offline Orange

hi to all
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 10:49:47 AM »
Hi Amanda and Mark - welcome to teh forum and good luck with the move.  You will find lots of useful info on here re schooling etc

Offline amanda

hi to all
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 15:46:01 PM »
thanks orange
      will take a look if i cant find what iam looking for iam sure someone will help.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
hi to all
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 16:19:27 PM »
Hi Amanda
Welcome to the forum.
Wish I had yout guts.  
I'd love to up sticks and move to Calis at the moment but feel we really need to let our 14 year old daughter finish her education here first.  I worry what will happen to her once we're over there, will she be able to work in a decent job etc.  I don't think it's fair to change her life so far into her education so will need to just content myself for the moment unfortuneately.
Good luck in your quest for information and please do keep us informed of your findings.
Anne

Offline amanda

hi to all
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 17:45:02 PM »
Hi Anne,
       I have to say this was hard for us, but we have talked things through with the children and have decided this will be the best for them, Like you we to thought about staying until they have finish school but in the end  we all agreed its the best time to leave. as for work i am shore they can find a good job,(i now of an english lad who is 21 moved out with his mum and dad and has a great job) i run my own buisness in uk (only small but have done this for 9 years) and i hope to get up and running in turkey after we have settled in. children are fair better then us when its comes to learning new langages and am shore within a short space of time will be helping us to shop in the local markets.lol. And helping me with my new venture.(well lets hope laughing)
i wish you luck to
and yes will keep you informed

amanda mark jamie jade

Offline lorna young

hi to all
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 19:27:44 PM »
Hi amanda mark jamie & jade,
we to are making the move 10 weeks time exactly going to Ovacik. We also have kids 15 and 10 so would be very interested in anything you find out about schools. The youngest Robbie is happy to go to a Turkish school Kerry is not keen at all. Welcome to the site hope to meet you for a drink sometime your JD is safe enough with me I prefer Bacardi lol.
Lorna

Offline LOR

hi to all
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 19:40:21 PM »
HI EVERYONE MY MOTHER IN LAW MOVED TO ANTALYA A FEW YEARS AGO, SHE HAS RESIDENCY.SHE WAS TOLD YOU CAN ONLY WORK IN TURKEY IF YOU HAVE A TURKISH BUSINESS PARTNER OR YOU HAVE MARRIED SOMEONE WHO IS TURKISH.SOMETHING TO DO WITH TAKING JOBS OFF THE TURKISH PEOPLE.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALL THE BRITISH CHILDREN LEAVE TURKISH SCHOOL, WILL THEY BE ALLOWED TO WORK IN TURKEY?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf