Author Topic: hello there  (Read 1399 times)

Offline bangkok bob

« on: April 24, 2005, 15:36:12 PM »
Thought i had better log on and introduce myself.  Bought a house with my parents and am currently working over in Thailand.  Just booked my flights for our first visit with the family for the summer vacation.  

My first question:  The easiest, most efficient and cheapest way (i am scottish) to get from Istanbul to calis????

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
hello there
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 15:55:38 PM »
Hiya Bob and welcome to the forum. lucky you working in Thailand and holidaying in Turkey!!
When we were travelling back from Calis in February, someone in the airport at Antalya told us that the cheapest way to travel was to actually book an internal flight once you are in Istanbul. He said that you can get a flight to anywhere in Turkey for about £60. As I said it was just a conversation, perhaps one of our Turkish resident members can confirm that - or not as the case may be. 8)

Val
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 15:56:48 PM by valentine »

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
hello there
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 16:07:02 PM »
Hi Bob
Welcome to the site. We are all nosey devils here so you need to tell everyone where your new house is in Calis.

The easiest most efficient way is by air to Dalaman & then buy a transfer (use the search option -top rh corner) - although not the cheapest option.
You could get a city dolmus or 3 or 4, that will take you days but it is cheap. Train? not sure of that one.
Failing that thumb a lift or walk - how long is your vacation & how scottish are you?

I think prices of flights have been discussed before (search option) but sure someone will let you know updated ones.

There's a great deal of information on the site. Will take you a few days to read it all but it may come in useful especially for Scots ot those with Scottish tendancies - most of us like a bargain. :-)

Linda & Carl

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
hello there
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 17:01:52 PM »
Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. Hope you have a really great time when you are in your property in Turkey even though you work in Thailand.
Pete

Offline Hazel

hello there
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 17:38:24 PM »
Welcome Bangkok Bob I am sure you will love Calis, lucky you working in Thailand, where abouts are you based. We have visited Thailand twice first time Bangkok and Pattaya what an experience, second time for our nieces wedding in Koh Samui what a beautiful experience that was.

Hazel

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
hello there
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 20:02:35 PM »
greetings bangkok bob-----love the name---puma

Offline Orange

hello there
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 15:54:42 PM »
Hi Bangkok Bob - welcome to the forum - try Turkish airlines for your internal flight from Istanbul to Dalaman.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
hello there
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 18:00:29 PM »
Hi Bob,

I was going to ask you why 'Bangkok Bob' but no need now.

Welcome.

Stoop

Offline bangkok bob

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 12:51:23 PM »
Cheers for all the various advice.  Just for your info, there ae no trains that go to the south.  Looks like the plane.

Haven't seen the house yet, as i bought it with my parents and they have been doing all the necessaries but can't wait for the summer to actually set foot in it.

Bangkok bob - how does that name come about!!!!!!

Offline lolly

hello there
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 20:09:25 PM »
Hi Bob welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your first visit to your new home in the sun!

Lolly x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf