Author Topic: hello  (Read 1654 times)

Offline annb

hello
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »
just thought i would say hello as a new member,i was in turkey two weeks ago, loved it cant wait to go back in ovacik been calis to very nice can you tell me weather in winter thanks,annb.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
hello
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 12:34:26 PM »
Hi Annb
Welcome to the forum.  Can't tell you much about the weather in winter as we've never visited then but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can fill you in.  Try using the search facility (top right hand corner) you should get some info from there too.
Good luck
Anne

Offline lindi

hello
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 13:59:00 PM »
Hi annb

Welcome to the forum.  We have a place in Ovacik and must have been there around the same time as you.  Glad you loved it as we do.

lindi :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
hello
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 14:33:11 PM »
greetings annb and welcome

Offline annb

hello
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 18:31:14 PM »
thankyou all for your replys nice to here from you ,lindi do you live in ovacik,im thinking of buying there any tips would be much welcome,hope to here from you regards annb.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
hello
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 19:02:43 PM »
Welcome
My rule of thumb is that Calis is about 10 degrees hotter than England most of the time. So in Winter it is about 10 degrees in Turkey and freezing in England. Stuart

Offline lindi

hello
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 19:13:45 PM »
Hi annb

Unfortunately we don't live there at the moment, but spend as much time there as we can.  Hopefully we will be back out again next month!  We intend to move there by this time next year if all goes to plan.  

Ensure that you research the developer that you propose to buy with as much as you can and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.  Don't feel pressurised as there's lots of property out there.  You will find lots of useful info on here.  Good luck - it's a lovely area and i'm sure you won't regret it - it's definitely the best thing we've ever done.

lindi :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 19:25:47 PM by lindi »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
hello
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 21:23:21 PM »
Hi Annb
We went for a week from 8th January to kit out our new apartment in Calis. It was 20 deg C and I was wearing T shirt and shorts in the day time and the Turks in their anoraks and fleeces looked at me like I was mad. At night however a different matter. Dark by five thirty and air con in apartment on heating mode by six. In the night sub zero. Back to day time and a beautiful backdrop of snow covered mountains. Miles better than England in every way. Just to add more we went for first week in April and it was 26 deg C most days.
Best regards
Ken & Sue. 8) 8)

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
hello
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 07:19:56 AM »
Hi annb, welcome to the forum. Last winter we found the weather pleasant but changeable. It can be warm during the day but cold at night and quite a lot of cloud and some heavy rain.
Pete and Sue

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
hello
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 16:01:49 PM »
Hi Annb, welcome to the forum. Elsa

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf