Author Topic: Hello Folks  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Ali Asterisk

Hello Folks
« on: October 02, 2005, 12:25:03 PM »
Hope no-one minds but I am a bit of an intruder!!!  I've bought in Turkey but not near Calis Beach - sorry.

However, this site seems one of the best for exchanging information and as a new property owner in Turkey I need all the help I can get!!!

I've got some questions but will post them in the relevant sections.

Regards

Ali

Offline teresa321

Hello Folks
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 13:35:54 PM »
No problem you are welcome here. You do not have to own in Calis to be on here - it is just that the majority of members are linked by a love of Calis and a few are linked by the loathing of it.

Where did you buy?

Teresa

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hello Folks
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 14:07:37 PM »
hi ali and welcome,everybody and anybody are welcome in the calis beach forum.you say you have bought in turkey where would that be

Offline Ali Asterisk

Hello Folks
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 15:31:14 PM »
Thank you for welcoming me.  It means I still feel part of Turkey even when I'm not there.

Ok get your maps out cos no one has heard of it!!!!!!!!!  It's on the Karaburun peninsula, which is between Izmir and Cesme.  Then if you've got a really good map find Mordogan and I've bought in a little seaside village just outside there called Ardic (I've yet to find the village on a map so if someone does please let me know the map!!)

Ali

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Hello Folks
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 16:43:45 PM »
Hi Ali and welcome. I'm sure everyone would like to hear more about different parts of Turkey so can you tell us more info about the area where you have bought - why there? - what's it like? - many Brits or mainly Turkish? - what are the amenities like? - etc, etc
Regards Janet & Osman

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Hello Folks
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 16:47:53 PM »
Sorry but forgot to mention - we have a family home near Canakkale (NW Turkey) and are interested in a holiday home fairly close that we can use and also my husband's family can use. we had thought of Cesme but I was put off a bit as it seems that there are few Brits and I thought that an area that has both would be ideal.
Regards Janet

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
Hello Folks
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 17:57:16 PM »
hello ali,hope your house in turkey brings you many happy times.

marcus

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Hello Folks
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 06:12:59 AM »
Hi Ali, welcome to the forum. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your house.
Pete and Sue

Offline Ali Asterisk

Hello Folks
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 13:52:46 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes.

Janet.  I basically bought it cos I was there on holiday with some Turkish friends last year and the opportunity came up.  It wasn't too expensive and have used it as a learning experience as to how everything works.  It is a Turkish holiday area and as far as I can work out no English around (have found some Germans).  In Ardic there are v few amenities - one hotel, a few basic shops, beach bars etc.  In Morodgan (the nearest town) there's lots more but I have yet to explore it properly (that's my half term plan), along with checking out Cesme.
Regards
Ali

Offline Ali Asterisk

Hello Folks
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 14:07:31 PM »
Guess who's on her lunch hour!!!

Found this discription of the Karaburun peninsula whilst searching the website for something else:-

As you drive along the panoramic Karaburun peninsula coast road, you pass several peaceful bays and quaint fishing villages, Balikliova, Mordogan and Karaburun. At Karaburun, pleasant hotels, tea gardens and fish restaurants sit between the beautiful mountain backdrop and the clear, clean water. From Manastir Mountain you can enjoy an unforgettable view of the Karaburun coast, the Foça coastline opposite and the entrance of the Gulf of Izmir. If you are lucky, you can spot Mediterranean Seals swimming in the water.

Basically pretty quiet - haven't even seen a seal yet!!

Ali

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf