Author Topic: Hiya from Ang  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Ang

Hiya from Ang
« on: November 20, 2005, 14:37:29 PM »
Hello everyone. Myself & my husband Geoff visited Turkey in October, staying with friends in their villa in Ovacik. We were so smitten with Turkey that we're now thinking about buying a place of our own. Its a scary prospect for us 'virgin' foreign property buyers, but at least your forum is available to help us (fingers crossed) with any burning questions we have! Any general advice would be gratefully received. Can anyone tell us if its usual to pay in installments on resale properties in Turkey and if so, what is the standard procedure & timescale for the installments? We thought this would only apply to new builds, but apparently not.

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
Hiya from Ang
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 15:50:59 PM »
hi ang welcome to this great forum,i bought a property this year ,i paid a 10% deposit and then paid the full amount two weeks later as i wanted the use of the apartment straight away.i believe you can pay any balance on reciept of you deeds but than can take a year.
as regards estaste agents you can get enough advise on here ,nearly all of us have used good estate agents in calis.
i hope you are sucsessfull in your search for a place in the sun, mine is the best thing in my life,then the kids ,then the fishing,oh and then the mrs.

marcus
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 17:37:22 PM by brummyboy »

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Hiya from Ang
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 16:31:49 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Forum.....I'm certain you can get an answer to most questions here. As for the installment bit I'm not sure but probably depends on  what sort of deal you can agree with the vendor. :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Hiya from Ang
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 18:06:39 PM »
hi and welcome hope you get to buy somewhere nice,now you have been hooked by the calis bug,do lots of research and take your time choosing what you want

Offline Ang

Hiya from Ang
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 20:03:01 PM »
Thanks Marcus. I'm sure I'll end up way down in the pecking order too when we get sorted out!! I like the idea of being able to use the property straight away rather than wait for the paperwork to be completed. We've got somewhere in mind and ideally would like to be up and running in time for next season, so I'll consider your comments when we 'do the deal'. The difficulty is getting short stay flights over the winter. We can only really spare 4 nights to start the ball rolling.
Ang.

quote:
Originally posted by brummyboy

hi ang welcome to this great forum,i bought a property this year ,i paid a 10% deposit and then paid the full amount two weeks later as i wanted the use of the apartment straight away.i believe you can pay any balance on reciept of you deeds but than can take a year.
as regards estaste agents you can get enough advise on here ,nearly all of us have used good estate agents in calis.
i hope you are sucsessfull in your search for a place in the sun, mine is the best thing in my life,then the kids ,then the fishing,oh and then the mrs.

marcus

Offline Orange

Hiya from Ang
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 09:40:49 AM »
Hi Ang and welcome to the fourm, loads of infor for you on here, short stay flights arent easy - have you tried holidays for you, cyprus turkish or turkish airline.  Good luck

Offline Jordanna X

Hiya from Ang
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 13:26:39 PM »
hi and welcome to the forum my dad has a villa in ovacik and he loves it!! good luck and have fun!! xjx

Offline brijen

Hiya from Ang
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 14:05:48 PM »
Hi Ang n Geoff,
Welcome to the site:D
Didn't take long for you to get home yesterday did it?
Had a fab weekend even though it was tiring.[|)]
As everyone says we have had loads of help on here, great site, anything you want to ask, always plenty of replies.
Speak to you later Jen ;)

Offline tel

Hiya from Ang
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 18:06:34 PM »
Angela & Geoff,
Welcome to the forum
Tel

Offline Ang

Hiya from Ang
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 18:33:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I've had a look at H4U (hadn't heard of it before today!!) Can get a flight from Manchester to Dalaman on 16th Dec for 1 week for £135 each. Only thing is, the kids dont break up until 20th & daren't keep them off school again! Will keep checking tho now that you've shown me the site. Thanks :)

quote:
Originally posted by Orange

Hi Ang and welcome to the fourm, loads of infor for you on here, short stay flights arent easy - have you tried holidays for you, cyprus turkish or turkish airline.  Good luck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf