Author Topic: One Good Thing about Call Centres in India  (Read 958 times)

Offline maximumtom

One Good Thing about Call Centres in India
« on: September 01, 2010, 17:53:00 PM »
I didn't know which section to put this in, but as everyone usually has a moan about call centres, I thought here was as good as the Banking section. My mother was housebound for some years before she died and I arranged telephone banking for her. However, her telephone was in the hall - quite a way from where she sat - and the press this button if you want this ... caused her so much distress that she didn't use it and asked me to do things for her. The first time I tried, I gave them all the passwords etc and then they asked my name, and when I gave it they demanded to speak to my mother. So I had to get her out of her chair and to the hall to confirm that I was calling on her behalf ( this was utter nonsense because , as I had known all the passwords etc, I could have got any female accomplice to pretend to be my mother). Anyway, the next time I called on her behalf and got the call centre in India, when the Indian guy asked for my name I said "Lucy" (my mother's name). There was a pause, when I could hear his cultural brain cells ticking over ( Is Lucy a man's name ? Should I question the caller about this ?). Eventually we continued with no problem.  My point (as a grumpy old man) is that security questions have to be meaningful and not just hot air.

Offline scouser2swife

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »
I always do our internet banking, and We both have seperate accounts. Last year our credit cards were stolen, and we had to phone to get them replaced.Hubby had to go through the security questions, and was asking me what the answers were. The bank worker told my hubby that she could not carry on speaking to him because I was in the room, and because I could hear the answers given!! :o
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 09:50:20 AM by scouser2swife »

Offline tintin1504

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 21:51:47 PM »
I got pestered by a call centre in India and it was so regular that I recognised the script and the guy's voice!.After about the fourth time,it went like this.
Hello!, can I speak to Mrxxxxxx.?(I answered)yes,speaking!. (him)Can I call you Thomas?,(me)No you can call me goodbye! (Him)Goodbye?,(Me)Goodbye....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 23:14:31 PM »
when hubbie answer's the phone they say hello rob say's goodbye end of conversation
i think he enjoys the put downafter the so many calls.
even if they are only doing their job.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 06:59:28 AM »
This post is reminding me of this

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}37265

:D

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 10:33:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Julesp

This post is reminding me of this

Julie, did you say this with an Indian accent ? :D

Offline scouser2

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 10:50:11 AM »
The easy solution to these cold callers is to ask them to hold on for a minute, and carry on with what you were doing. After 10 minutes go back to the phone and see if they are still there.....used to work for me.:D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 19:48:31 PM »
Maximumtom,the ONLY good thing about call centres being in India is ,simply that!!
Gordy.

Offline kanga

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 22:23:08 PM »
when i look at my caller i'd on my house phone if its not a number i know i answer ,"battersea dogs home jack russell speaking "
it works a treat

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf