Author Topic: Postal Scam  (Read 870 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Postal Scam
« on: February 20, 2012, 15:13:34 PM »
I realize that most scams today come via the new-fangled interweb but there are still some cons using the old-fashioned postal method. A few weeks ago I received a letter saying provided I supplied lots of personal information (including my bank account details) somebody I have never met would send me about a hundred pounds this week, next week, and every other week until the end of my life. It came from some outfit calling itself "Part of the Department of Work and Pensions".

Well, I could immediately tell from the poor quality of envelop and the tatty typeface on the letter that this was a dodgy mob. So I wrote back telling them to shove their £100 where the sun don't shine. Just a warning to some out there - there are still rogues about using Her Britannic Majesty's Royal Mail to try to cheat you.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Postal Scam
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 15:39:02 PM »
Are you sure it wasn't your old age pension Colwyn ;-)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Postal Scam
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 15:44:59 PM »
Oh bugger.

By the way, Hilary forbids the term OAP in this household. The correct title is "State Pension". But then she also objects that, when presenting her bus pass, the bus driver doesn't say "Are you sure you're entitled to use this, young lady?". Stephen Hawkins thinks he knows someting about time? Pah, he's a novice in comparison with Hilary.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Postal Scam
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 16:04:59 PM »
Oh Colwyn, you had me in stitches in your first sentence  --the new-fangled interweb!!!!! Ha ha ha.
:D

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Postal Scam
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 17:49:14 PM »
Lol

Offline Tineathers

Postal Scam
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 14:23:03 PM »
Colwyn, had to laugh. I work for the DWP (Pension Service) and the quality of paper we use is recycled rubbish and we have to use selotape to make sure the envelopes stick.  :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf