Author Topic: Those Two Girls in Peru are Innocent of Drug Smuggling  (Read 11948 times)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Those Two Girls in Peru are Innocent of Drug Smuggling
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 20:35:32 PM »
Thank you Scott and Lisa, and Gordon for sharing their experiences with us on the forum, I am overwhelmed by their honesty, and wish Scott and Lisa all the best for continuing abstinence, and hope better things may be around for Gordon's son.  I would like to think its never too late to turn your life around, there has to be some hope.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 20:44:44 PM »
Whilst there might be all sorts of reasons why these two girls were driven to be drug mules, having read the following two articles its hard to believe their total innocence:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/peru/10249201/Drug-mules-kidnap-claim-not-credible.html

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/michaella-had-4000-debt-before-arrest-in-peru-29507519.html

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 22:42:22 PM »
if prison is a deterrent why are they full?

and why wouldn't anybody want to see someone recover from addiction? very easy to judge when you havent walked in the shoes

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 22:50:55 PM »
1. There will be less people in prison if the punishment for a crime (any crime) is 50 years, compared with 50 hours. Thus, the harsher sentence is a deterrent. Whether prisons are full or not has nothing to do with the point. 

2. I never mentioned recovering from addiction whatsoever. I mentioned rehabilitation, "the restoration of someone to a useful place in society". Without walking in their shoes, I can safely say I don't want people who bring drugs into the UK to ever return back into our society.

You have your view, this one is mine.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 22:57:52 PM »
ok, its just something very close to my heart, people do recover/rehabilitate (which to me are the same thing) thats all i was saying really. i know i have

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 23:00:25 PM »
And how many kilos were you caught bringing in?

Unless we're talking about different things.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 23:15:47 PM »
i could give you a full list of crimes but feel as im already prejudged as "one of them" theres no need, you can have the simple version.

for 16 years i used drink and drugs habitually,this lead to the prisons, hospitals,violence,broken relationships,fear and panic for my family and much much more.
i had a selfish compulsion to use substances, which i put before everything.

since then i have learned about addiction, and found recovery. All of the above has stopped. i try to repay society were i can, and have built bridges with all my family, in fact i will on holiday with my mum soon. i work, i have a family, i pay taxes, i dont break the law, i now live as i think i should always have done, im not special or different i have said any of this for any reason other than its who i am, im not proud of what i was, im proud of what i am.

believe me, these nearly ten years have been a lot easier than those before

Offline Menthol

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 23:26:26 PM »
i could give you a full list of crimes but feel as im already prejudged as "one of them" theres no need, you can have the simple version.

for 16 years i used drink and drugs habitually,this lead to the prisons, hospitals,violence,broken relationships,fear and panic for my family and much much more.
i had a selfish compulsion to use substances, which i put before everything.

since then i have learned about addiction, and found recovery. All of the above has stopped. i try to repay society were i can, and have built bridges with all my family, in fact i will on holiday with my mum soon. i work, i have a family, i pay taxes, i dont break the law, i now live as i think i should always have done, im not special or different i have said any of this for any reason other than its who i am, im not proud of what i was, im proud of what i am.

believe me, these nearly ten years have been a lot easier than those before

Excellent to hear. Everyone deserves another chance to change things.

I appreciate your honesty as an insightful contribution to this most interesting part of the Calis Beach Forums.

And an appreciation of Gordon and Loz's openness in discussing such a personally painful subject.

I feel inspired to be just as frank in future.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 23:27:00 PM »
i could give you a full list of crimes but feel as im already prejudged as "one of them" theres no need,

You couldn't be more wrong, my point is that you are not "one of them".

The topic is about 2 females caught trying to transport drugs internationally. I am talking about people who choose to take the risk and bring drugs from abroad into the UK where it can be distributed and cause misery. You seem to want to pretend and imply that I am talking about others along the chain, and I am not - in reality you know that.

Well done for getting sorted, but you don't need to explain yourself - I wasn't talking about you.

Offline Scott and Lisa

• Newly Registered
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 23:31:47 PM »
Ok Scunner point taken,  there's no pretending with me, sometimes the written word can be miss read.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf