Author Topic: I need a rant!!  (Read 1143 times)

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
I need a rant!!
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:06:33 PM »
Having just walked the dog, I was driving home from the park. It was just getting dark and thank goodness I was driving slowly. because this stupid idiot of a woman walked out from between 2 parked cars with a pushchair in front of her and 3 kids hanging off her. Did schools stop teaching road safety? We were taught as children that you should Never cross the road between parked cars. And as for the pushchair....For goodness sake why do women push it out 3 feet in front of them on the road?
Anyway I just had to share this. RANT OVER!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: I need a rant!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »
I agree, and the general lack of control over the kids is alarming - it only takes a second for one to dart off into the oncoming traffic.

My latest road safety rant is quite different though. I am 47, I am still alive. I manage to cross roads safely for the 23 and a half hours you are not around. Please can you stand where you were and save your skills for the kids, lollipop man.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 16:14:24 PM »
A twelve year old ran out behind the bus he had just got off last week here in York. Seriously injured by a young girl driving past in her car.

Really sad but he should have known better.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 19:09:12 PM »
bring back the tv adverts for road safety

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 20:08:07 PM »
I'm sure I'm still a member of the Tufty Club.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 21:57:33 PM »
This happens so much, I am always horrified by young mums crossing the road with pushchairs in front of them and often actually ON the road, while mum is safely on the kerb. It would only take a glancing touch of a car and that child would be in serious trouble. Also after-school mums walk along chatting to each other while their kids run ahead by a long way. They only have to slip off the kerb, mums could never reach them in time to do anything. Is it me? Am I getting really old?  :-\

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 22:04:48 PM »
Possibly Lotty, but I cant understand why the younger generation don't understand basic road safety, and the necessity of keeping small children under parental control, even reins or a harness would be helpful

Offline angela

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 14:32:51 PM »
you only have to look at the photo of Peaches Geldof tipping her new baby out of it's pram because she was on the phone, (and she never put the phone down) to realise one of the root causes!
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DFJszANF3aZM&sa=U&ei=eAKWUqXzO82M0wWlhoGoAw&ved=0CCYQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNF91G7piidqQngR38cYRHUnXdZrzw

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf