Author Topic: Statistics - What do they tell us ?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Statistics - What do they tell us ?
« on: February 02, 2014, 20:40:33 PM »
The image below has been posted on a social website by a Turkish friend. Whilst I understand the words and figures I don't know whether there are any true comparisons between Japan and Turkey. Is it just like "comparing apples and oranges" as one of my old bosses used to say.

Discuss.  ;)

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Statistics - What do they tell us ?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:10:36 AM »
Ho hum, social media and Turks.  Dont yah just lurvvve it.

Not much to discuss, figures quoted are p1sh and more like comparing a dogs jobbie to a hippopotamuses jobbie. 

Next....

JF

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 17:21:45 PM »
Talking of statistics, we had a couple of people round tonight, complete with laptop and listing of residents names, and official looking ID badges. Neither of them spoke English and my Turkish is somewhat limited, they were asking loads of questions, most of which I couldn't understand. The general gist seemed to be how old are you, how many in the family, do you live here permanently, do you think this, that and the other are expensive in Turkey etc.
When I asked what it was for the only English the guy seemed to know was "statistics".

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 20:21:18 PM »
I'd have told them to 'git'.  :)

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 17:59:54 PM »
To be fair we had received a letter a few days before telling us about this "survey", it's all to do with demographics , who and what type of people live where, what is their income bracket and age ratio etc. Letter came from some official outfit in Denizli. A bit like a census type exercise.
It was quite funny hearing them try to pronounce our surname, which has a ck in the middle.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf