Author Topic: Turkish Citizenship through Marriage  (Read 3712 times)

Offline caz35

Turkish Citizenship through Marriage
« on: May 01, 2012, 13:30:29 PM »
Hi not sure if anyone can help but thought would ask? I am waiting to receive my turkish kimlik (through marriage) as had the interview in Mugla, February and they said would take 4-5 months. My residency finishes mid May and I just wanted to know if I would have to apply for another residency, as not got my kimlik?  Or someone told me I won't need the residency as the kimlik is in progress?  I asked at the passport police, but he just told me I have 15 days after my residency finishes, so come back last minute as I might receive my kimlik in the meantime, even though I know I won't.  I feel I should get at least 6 months residency just to make sure as don't want to end up with a hefty fine? Any advice?  Thanks Caz

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 13:38:29 PM »
You will need to get a new resident permit if it doesn't arrive.

Hopefully you will be lucky but I know people who have waited a year.

Offline caz35

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 19:21:30 PM »
I thought I would have to and yes most seem to wait anything from 8 months to 1 year.  They don't rush.  Thanks

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 21:53:59 PM »
Hi Caz

How was the interview?  Im going to have to do the same thing, did they ask you lots of questions, my Turkish isnt great and I was wondering how much Turkish I need to learn?

Thanks

Offline caz35

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 21:57:12 PM »
Hi my turkish isn't good either and I was told they ask you where you from in UK, what did you do, husbands date of birth and what he does.  That kind of thing.  So I practised all that.  But they asked me very random things like why did I chose my husband?  Was it because of money?  Then they went through my name, my daughters and husband names and where we lived.  All in turkish and that was it.  They called my husband in and asked him questions like where he from, what does he do, does he like my family.  All very strange really.  I asked at the end when I would receive the kimlik and they said 4-5 months so just a waiting game now.  If you know the basics you will be fine so don't worry! Caz

Offline Harmless

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 19:19:21 PM »
My hubby is a bossy soul, so he came in with me and as he likes to speak for me, proceeded to do so.
I barely had to say a word.
Mind you, I did get the sympathy vote as we had been married for over 25 years at the time!
I extended my residents permit at the time, even though they said they would speed mine up, I was glad I did as it still took six months

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 19:31:29 PM »
A bossy Turk, never! :D So did they ask you many questions?

Offline caz35

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 20:22:50 PM »
I will get a new 6 month residency just to be sure!

Offline Harmless

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
They actually wanted me to talk about myself, deep joy not, but hubby ordered them to ask me questions, they only asked about two then realised how long we had been married and deemed themselves satisfied it was not a marriage of convenience!

Offline Fin

• Newly Registered
Re: Turkish Citizenship through Marriage
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 15:27:23 PM »
I waited 26months for my Turkish Citizenship to come through.MY hubby is Turkish n we were told after our final appointment at Mugla Vali Office that we would hear in 4-5 months time.It did'nt happen for me.I actually had taken out a 5 year Residency permit in the beginning when we got Wed so me thinks that my file was just lost in a pile.Most folks just get a 3 year Permit.anyway my permit ran out in July 2012 so i just took out a yearlt permit.MY TC actually came through earlier this month.AT LONG LAST!!!For the past 12 months my hubby has been on the phone to Mugla n Ankara trying to find out what was happening.Always being told just to call back next month.Hubby went balistic at the Police Dept in Ankara,must have done sum good,got things moving in the end.

I wish you all well that are in the process of applying for T.C.

Lindy Lou

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf